GTX 760
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,
I'm trying to get Mac running on my ASUS UX31E for the last 5 days and didn't accomplished it yet.

The laptop is using the following hardware:

Intel® Core™ i7 2677M Processor
Intel® QS67 Express Chipset
DDR3 1333 MHz SDRAM, OnBoard Memory GB
Integrated Intel® HD Graphics 3000 (Core i7)
13.3" 16:9 HD+ (1600x900) LED Backlight
128GB RPM SSD

I used Unibeast 2.1 and the 10.8.5 Mac Appstore OS X Install app to make a bootable Installationstick.
Which I got booted with the Parameters -v -x in Chimera.
I successfully installed Mac OS using this Installer serveral times und tryed many things I found on this Page but didn't get the HD3000 running yet.

So I'm asking for your advices on how to continue.
Before I made this post I reinstalle the system so I can try everything on a fresh system.
On this fresh system I can boot by -v -x

But if I just use -v I get the following errors (see attachment)

I have a running Windows 8.1 x64
and Ubuntu 13.04 x86
on this laptop - If you need me to execute commands on this OSs just say it.

In the attachment you also find my through DSDTEditor under Windows 8.1 extracted DSDT.aml

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

PS: Please forgive me my bad english, I'm not a native english speaker and haven't wrote in english for a long time :p

Attachments

• Foto 27.09.13 12 55 52.jpg
    Foto 27.09.13 12 55 52.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 805
  • dsdt.zip
    72.6 KB · Views: 198
Hi,
I'm trying to get Mac running on my ASUS UX31E for the last 5 days and didn't accomplished it yet.

The laptop is using the following hardware:

Intel® Core™ i7 2677M Processor
Intel® QS67 Express Chipset
DDR3 1333 MHz SDRAM, OnBoard Memory GB
Integrated Intel® HD Graphics 3000 (Core i7)
13.3" 16:9 HD+ (1600x900) LED Backlight
128GB RPM SSD

I used Unibeast 2.1 and the 10.8.5 Mac Appstore OS X Install app to make a bootable Installationstick.
Which I got booted with the Parameters -v -x in Chimera.
I successfully installed Mac OS using this Installer serveral times und tryed many things I found on this Page but didn't get the HD3000 running yet.

So I'm asking for your advices on how to continue.
Before I made this post I reinstalle the system so I can try everything on a fresh system.
On this fresh system I can boot by -v -x

But if I just use -v I get the following errors (see attachment)

I have a running Windows 8.1 x64
and Ubuntu 13.04 x86
on this laptop - If you need me to execute commands on this OSs just say it.

In the attachment you also find my through DSDTEditor under Windows 8.1 extracted DSDT.aml

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

PS: Please forgive me my bad english, I'm not a native english speaker and haven't wrote in english for a long time :p

Boot with "-f -v", then post output of 'bdmesg' in Terminal. This is just to make sure you have the HD3000 graphics installed correctly.

With the 1600x900 screen, you will probably need a DSDT patch for dual-link:

Code:
#
# Use this patch if your laptop has 1600x900 or higher
# resolution screen.
# 
# For example, 47x0s (17") or 45x0s with 1080p user
# upgraded screen.
#

#   Inject HDMI info and dual-link into GFX0/IGPU
into method label _DSM parent_adr 0x00020000 remove_entry;
into device name_adr 0x00020000 insert
begin
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n
{\n
    If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero)) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }\n
    Return (Package()\n
    {\n
        "AAPL,snb-platform-id",\n
        Buffer() { 0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 0x00 },\n
        "hda-gfx",\n
        Buffer() { "onboard-1" },\n
        "AAPL00,DualLink",\n
        Buffer() { 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 },\n
    })\n
}\n
end;

My bdmesg with "-v -x" (see bdmesg.txt)

Like I said I can't get OS X booting by just adding "-v".
I don't know how to retrieve the bdmesg without Chameleon Wizard so I recorded the boot process with "-v -f" and captured all output into screenshots. You can see them here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qlbg4511qsehjqg/8Q8qb1eMBM

I applied the patch you suggested using DSDTEditor, placed the outcome dsdt.aml in /Extra but it didn't affected the boot in any way. You can see the patched version of the extraced DSDT in the attachments

Attachments

• dsdt.aml.zip
    26.6 KB · Views: 156
  • bdmesg.txt.zip
    12.2 KB · Views: 143
My bdmesg with "-v -x" (see bdmesg.txt)

Like I said I can't get OS X booting by just adding "-v".
I don't know how to retrieve the bdmesg without Chameleon Wizard so I recorded the boot process with "-v -f" and captured all output into screenshots. You can see them here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qlbg4511qsehjqg/8Q8qb1eMBM

I applied the patch you suggested using DSDTEditor, placed the outcome dsdt.aml in /Extra but it didn't affected the boot in any way. You can see the patched version of the extraced DSDT in the attachments

What's with all the kexts in /Extra/Extensions?

You will need to get rid of some of them:
AppleACPIPlatform.kext
IONetworkingFamily.kext

Eventually, you'll want to get rid of all of them. Especially NullCPUPowerManagement.kext (replace with patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext). Install them permanently into /S/L/E once you determine that you actually need it.

Also what do you have in smbios.plist and org.chameleon.boot.plist?

Also, the reason you are getting the message about 'snb framebuffer' is because you have HD3000, but you don't have the framebuffer for HD3000 installed in /S/L/E, AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext. Where did it go?

The kexts wheren't ment to be loaded. To secure my Running systems I partitioned a externel USB HDD in 2 partions. One whichs has the installer and one on which ML is installed.
The bootloader was on the installler partition. Now I installled chimera 2.2 onto the ML Partition through Multibeast.

I have copied the kexts to /Extra/Extensions though to test,like you said, one by one which aren't needed.

I'm currently using the MaBookPro 8,1 smbios and the default org.chameleon.boot.plist from Unibeast (laptopsupport on) (like I Said I made a fresh Installation of OS X before creating this thread)

I didn't modify the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext in any way and it still resides in /S/L/E
But i find it strange though, that it didn't include any Info.plist

Edit:
In the attachment you'll find my currently installed version of AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext, which should be the original 10.8.5 version because it's a fresh installation

Edit2:
Just to make sure there isn't fault in the little details I uploaded my smbios.plist and org.chameleon.boot.plist

Attachments

• AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext.zip
    97 KB · Views: 183
  • plists.zip
    773 bytes · Views: 146
The kexts wheren't ment to be loaded. To secure my Running systems I partitioned a externel USB HDD in 2 partions. One whichs has the installer and one on which ML is installed.
The bootloader was on the installler partition. Now I installled chimera 2.2 onto the ML Partition through Multibeast.

I have copied the kexts to /Extra/Extensions though to test,like you said, one by one which aren't needed.

I'm currently using the MaBookPro 8,1 smbios and the default org.chameleon.boot.plist from Unibeast (laptopsupport on) (like I Said I made a fresh Installation of OS X before creating this thread)

I didn't modify the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext in any way and it still resides in /S/L/E
But i find it strange though, that it didn't include any Info.plist

Edit:
In the attachment you'll find my currently installed version of AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext, which should be the original 10.8.5 version because it's a fresh installation

Edit2:
Just to make sure there isn't fault in the little details I uploaded my smbios.plist and org.chameleon.boot.plist

Your AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext is incomplete and therefore not loading. You should restore it from a good/complete copy.

I have now copied the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext from the installed partition (You can See it in the attachment to check in it's the right one now)

But it didn't changed much. The SNB did Not Show up message is gone now, but the boot stops at the exact same point like before.
I used "-v -x" and "-v -x GraphicsEnabler=No" (Same result)

Could it be that the errors from the following screenshot are the main ones?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3zque16jbcosmpn/vlcsnap-2013-09-27-23h22m29s177.png

Edit: With the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext from the installer I can't even get into Savemode "-v -x" (Stops after dmos has arrived - the Moment where normally the login shows up)

Attachments

• AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext.zip
    112.3 KB · Views: 168
I have now copied the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext from the installed partition (You can See it in the attachment to check in it's the right one now)

But it didn't changed much. The SNB did Not Show up message is gone now, but the boot stops at the exact same point like before.
I used "-v -x" and "-v -x GraphicsEnabler=No" (Same result)

Could it be that the errors from the following screenshot are the main ones?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3zque16jbcosmpn/vlcsnap-2013-09-27-23h22m29s177.png

Edit: With the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext from the installer I can't even get into Savemode "-v -x" (Stops after dmos has arrived - the Moment where normally the login shows up)

Probably your other Intel HD graphics drivers are damaged as well. Why not re-install them all? And you generally can't just "copy" kexts files into /S/L/E. You should use a utility that sets permissions/owner correctly such as Kext Wizard. And it is always a good idea to repair permissions and rebuild caches after doing so.

When I say "copy" I meant installing it through Kext Wizard and repairing permissions. sorry for the missunderstanding.

I have now copied the AppleIntelHD* and AppleIntelSNB* kexts from a retail macbook air 10.8.5 to my system. It didn't changed anything. I get the same errors

When I say "copy" I meant installing it through Kext Wizard and repairing permissions. sorry for the missunderstanding.

I have now copied the AppleIntelHD* and AppleIntelSNB* kexts from a retail macbook air 10.8.5 to my system. It didn't changed anything. I get the same errors

Same errors as post #7?

If so, your install is (IMO) hopelessly damaged (IOGraphicsFamily.kext damaged too). Do a fresh install with newly made Unibeast USB made with fresh download of OS X from the Mac App Store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back