Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Motherboard is a GA-Z77N-WIFI and I'm holding off taking out the Intel mini-pcie. Will OS X Maverics finally support the Intel mini-pcie, I'm surprise it is not supported as they are very popular cards in the pc space.

I have a spare Asus USB-N53 that I would like working with Mountain Lion. I download the OSX drivers here and can't get it to work! I would launch the wireless utility and nothing happens.
http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=11&m=USB-N53&hashedid=OmKGUzklVRYjrktQ

Wiki development says this is Ralink RT3572 chipset
http://wikidevi.com/wiki/ASUS_USB-N53

Has any got or have suggestion as to which drivers to try to get the Asus USB-N53 working with their Hackintosh?

I'm having a similar problem.

I've also tried the RALink drivers/utility and it installs but the wireless utility software won't load.

If anyone has a working USB-N53 and could explain how they got it up and running, that would be great!

I also am having trouble, tried to manually install the Kext but no luck.

i have a working asus usb n53 after 10.10.2 update uninstall with disc then reinstall after update now is fine

Hi i also have a USB-N53, i would like to use it on my Yosemite 10.10.2

can you explain how its working for you? any steps utility version?

i have an Asus N-10 usb working fine but the local transfer speeds are week.

Thanks
Rob

I don't know if u were able to get the utility to open yet, its a simple fix !!

click below its Ralink's website now called MediaTek
USB (RT2870/ RT2770/ RT3X7X/ RT537X/ RT5572)

Download the RTUSB_D2870-4.2.9.2_UI-4.0.9.6_2013_11_29 DMG and mount it
If you previously tried to install any software to get this to work my suggestion is to use the
Uninstaller Pkg first, reboot, then proceed to install the WirelessUSBInstaller Pkg.

Now here is what gets things working. If you install the software and the N53-USB is in the USB port and you reboot nothing happens. Simply unplug the USB-N53 and plug it back in and the utility should pop up.

If you install the software, reboot, then just plug the USB-N53 in and the utility should pop up.

I was determined and i tried everything and this simple plug and unplug did the trick !!

Hope this helps someone out.

Rob

I have the same adapter and Yosemite 10.10.1. Yosemite just doesn't see the adapter (light on adapter doesn't flashes).
I tried to install the MediaTek driver with instructions of muranoone but it doesn't solve the problem.
Have any solution for this problem?

solved

Hey Serg

Just curious what solved it for you?

does your Ralink utility start up automatic and connect to your profile?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back