Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> ASUS TUF Z390-PRO GAMING - i9-9900K - RX 580 - Cannot install Catalina - Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
After multibeast finished i ran

/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Merge ASUS_ACPI :ACPI:DSDT:" /Volumes/ESP/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist
/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Merge ASUS_TUF_Z390_HD630 :Devices:" /Volumes/ESP/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist

but it wont boot off the SSD, the error looks like what id get if ASUS_ACPI wasn't patched. Fortunately it will still boot up from the installation USB

Rebooted with the USB and got back in to MacOs Mojave. Unmounted and removed the USB to ensure my SSD was the only disk around with EFI. Used the EFI Mounter tool to mount it. Went back to the terminal..

Russ-iMac:Desktop rus$ /usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Merge ASUS_ACPI :ACPI:DSDT:" /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist
Duplicate Entry Was Skipped: Patches
Russ-iMac:Desktop rus$ /usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Merge ASUS_TUF_Z390_HD630 :Devices:" /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist
Duplicate Entry Was Skipped: Properties
Russ-iMac:Desktop rus$

so looks like i did patch the right EFI partition after all!

Followed this to upgrade to Catalina! https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/update-directly-to-macos-catalina.284463/

Basically i just copied the Install macOS Catalina.app off the install media ive been struggling with and ran it, didnt have to do anything else. After a while the install halted, so i rebooted as per the above thread, then after a wall of text which looked like it had stalled for 5 minutes it continued the installation! Then one more reboot as per the above thread and boom here i am! :D

Now to plug the RX 580 in...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-08-07 at 06.31.05.png
    Screenshot 2020-08-07 at 06.31.05.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 52
As is custom :)

Screenshot 2020-08-07 at 06.37.07.png

Plugged the RX 580 in and plugged my 3 monitors in to it, only one of the displays is displaying but I am getting audio out via the Display Port and through the monitor whilst watching youtube :D

Installed WhateverGreen and Lilu to /EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other and rebooted, it made no difference.

Then I read this https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/radeon-580-will-not-support-second-monitor.264734/page-3 and realised the issue was my mac was imitating an iMac. I'm now imitating a MacPro7,1 and have all 3 monitors working!

Known problems:

Hackintosh will not reboot or shutdown gracefully. It eventually stalls and I need to power off or press the reset button.

Known potential problems:

I have 64GB RAM and now I am imitating the MacPro7,1 I am getting warnings about having more RAM than is possible :D

Got the temperature and fan sensors working by downloading the latest HWSensors dmg.zip from here https://github.com/kzlekk/HWSensors/releases mounted the .dmg put the *.kext files on the Desktop then the HWMonitor app in to Applications. I then used KextBeat to install the *.kext files on the Desktop to
/Library/Extensions

Screenshot 2020-08-07 at 21.00.52.png

Plugged my Bluetooth adaptor in, typing "ioreg -p IOUSB" in a terminal showed it being detected

| +-o BCM20702A0@14120000 <class AppleUSBDevice, id 0x1000008cc, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (0 ms), retain 18>

Went to System Preferences -> Bluetooth to Show Bluetooth in menu bar and successfully paired my phone with the computer via Bluetooth! Easy, just worked out of the box.

I can't use AirDrop though to send my hackintosh files from my phone..??

So known gotchas are this warning on each boot :
Screenshot 2020-08-07 at 21.56.59.png

And I still can't properly power off or reset. Sleeping works fine though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back