Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Asus TUF B360M-PLUS GAMING S encountered stop sign, garbled screen and 2 minutes remaining problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS TUF B360M-PLUS GAMING S
CPU
i3 8350K
Graphics
nVidia GeForce GT 730 2GB
Mac
  1. iMac
Motherboard: Asus TUF B360M-PLUS GAMING S
CPU: Intel i3 8350K
HDD: Plextor M7V, 256G SSD
Memory: Kingston DDR4 2400, 4G

I have followed the official installation guide on tonymacx86. However, during my installation, I have encountered two hurdles, which I have managed to overcome eventually. I am documenting my installation process for future references.

My first hurdle is the infamous Stop sign or Prohibited sign and garbled screen during installation. The screen got garbled after showing "Still waiting for root device". After several hours of sifting through the tonymacx86 search results, I finally figured out that this was an issue about USB. Therefore I added USBInjectAll.kext and XHCI-unsupported.kext into /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/, as recommended in this thread: (1) [Solved] asus h370-plus "Still waiting for root device" | tonymacx86.com. (Notice that the original kext XHCI-300-series-injector.kext recommended in that thread has been renamed to XHCI-unsupported.kext). After this addition, I managed to proceed to the installation screen.

My second hurdle is somewhat popular "2 minutes remaining" problem. After some searching, I came across this advice, which said that, the "2 minutes remaining" is where the system is supposed to reboot however it fails to do so. Therefore I am supposed to safely reboot the computer manually and then continue the installation process. I followed the advice, however, after choosing "install Mojave" of the HDD, I was confronted with the frozen screen again, which shows the "15 minutes remaining". After adding EmuVariableUefi-64.efi to /EFI/CLOVER/driver64ufi, I was able to continue installation till success.

Hope my archived experience could be helpful for any future warriors.

Last edited:
Hi, I am trying to use the same board and after the additional kexts and efi, I am able to boot but it can't continue installing telling me that the USB drive is damage. Did you configure anything on the BIOS? Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back