Register

Asus saubertooth x58 + Intel X990 + Gainward 560Ti + 6GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
sathumax said:
I have setup everything like this:
http://jeffsprotberry.com/theblog/2011/ ... nd-i7-950/

still nothing.
the PC stops responding at info about ACPI time out.

i've come to the exact same point.
OSX times out on ACPI

how have others using the ASUS Sabertooth gotten around this point?
and I still can't find HPET within the BIOS?

Not sure why you cant find Hpet , i posted picture of it. Its in the bios for sure. I recall having same ACPI error as well, but i dont recall what i did to resolve it.

Are you trying =f option to force it to load ?

I use -v -x -f pcirootuid=1.
And nothing still crash

Haxx187 said:
Not sure why you cant find Hpet , i posted picture of it. Its in the bios for sure. I recall having same ACPI error as well, but i dont recall what i did to resolve it.

Haxx187 said:

yup using -f option, but still hangs at PowerManagement.

And the image you posted doesn't look like it's from an Asus Sabertooth x58, or it's just a previous BIOS version. I even searched HPET within the PDF user manual and it could even find any mention of it.

I think we must change the video card for one that is supported

hydromedusa said:
Haxx187 said:

yup using -f option, but still hangs at PowerManagement.

And the image you posted doesn't look like it's from an Asus Sabertooth x58, or it's just a previous BIOS version. I even searched HPET within the PDF user manual and it could even find any mention of it.

yeah that is from an older Bios version, i was running like 3rd oldest as the newer 2 broke stuff and only updated support for windows basically.

It is possible you might need to swap video card out for another, but i used a 460 and 470 .

I honestly had a hell of a time when i built my x58, i worked on it for like 4 or 5 days straight before i found the magic combo that seemed to work. Ended up having the damn fermi freeze at one point as well until someone figure a hack for it.

I just ran program in background to counteract that until i upgraded to Lion.

Keep at it, i cant be for certain of your issue, but what you have should work.

Haxx187 said:
yeah that is from an older Bios version, i was running like 3rd oldest as the newer 2 broke stuff and only updated support for windows basically.

That picture is from Award bios and Sabertooth uses AMI bios. I'd say that your picture is from Gigabyte bios.

mmaenpaa said:
Haxx187 said:

That picture is from Award bios and Sabertooth uses AMI bios. I'd say that your picture is from Gigabyte bios.

dang, your right.. i remember what i did. I believe i added it to the plist for force hpet since the Asus bios didnt have the option.

Sorry about that

Haxx187 said:
mmaenpaa said:
Haxx187 said:

dang, your right.. i remember what i did. I believe i added it to the plist for force hpet since the Asus bios didnt have the option.

Sorry about that

ok so i tried -v -x -f acpi=off and acpi=force, yet it still times out at ACPI_SMC_Platformplugin.

this magical plist - can it be edited some how?

If you can get into the desktop you can edit it for sure. Not sure if there is another way to edit it via another means or not.

Im unsure why you cant get in to be honest.

There are a few methods to install as well. Might see if one of the others can work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back