Contribute
Register

Asus Sabertooth X79, i7 4930K, EVGA GTX 760

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried the following bootflags with GT610, Asus Sabertooth X79:

-v GraphicsEnabler=Yes npci=0x2000 cpus=1

Still no installation screen. Do I need to have any specific setting in bios or any other suggestion with boot flags.

Thanks,

Other than adding -x (safe mode), difficult to understand the issue. You may want to change to npci=0x3000 to see if that makes a difference.

EDIT: PCIRootUID=0 seems to help some people when they were installing Mavericks. Have a look over some of the Asus Sabertooth X79 threads.

Adrian, finally I have installed Mac OS Yosemite on my system. A little bit work around is required. Like sound is not working. USB 3 not working. So any suggestions for that. i checked the forum and I am using same ALC92 driver from Multibeast but its not working.

Is it a good idea to use old Multibeast for only sound driver.

Thanks a lot for your help and suggestions. I am really grateful.

Adrian, finally I have installed Mac OS Yosemite on my system. A little bit work around is required. Like sound is not working. USB 3 not working. So any suggestions for that. i checked the forum and I am using same ALC92 driver from Multibeast but its not working.

Is it a good idea to use old Multibeast for only sound driver.

Some people have found that using either 6.1 or 6.2.2 for the audio option works for them. Make sure that you remove anything audio related first and reboot using -f to clear the cache before applying a different version.

For USB its probably best to rad up on some of the threads that have this board to see if anything is suggested. If you are really stuck then add an Orico PCIe USB 3 card with the FL1100 chipset:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-h...sata-3-wifi-bluetooth-older-motherboards.html

You should do a guide on your installation process as there is not a great deal of well written Yosemite information regarding your hardware - what there is seems to be early Mavericks before X79 was properly supported. Well done on the Installation. :thumbup:

Thanks a lot buddy. Its all your support and guidance.

A quick question, how to remove old sound driver settings and install new using MB.
Can you plz specify more.

I will definitely write a guide about this one. Thanks again.

Thanks a lot buddy. Its all your support and guidance.

Thanks - I hope you enjoy using your new build. Did you build this with a specific purpose like using for video editing or was there an urge to have greater computing power on hand for the X79 build? Are you still running the B75 build as well?

A quick question, how to remove old sound driver settings and install new using MB.

There is a description in the instructions (that no one reads) supplied with the MultiBeast App. Its also covered in the 'read me' section at http://www.multibeast.com and when you tick an option in MultiBeast the box and the bottom of the App gives a run down of what that kext will do.

MultiBeast_Features.pdf said:
Audio
Collection of kexts to enable the on-board Audio on your system. Make sure to read thedescriptions carefully and only install the correct files for your audio codec.
Realtek ALC8xx
Enables audio for motherboards featuring the Realtek ALC269, ALC283, ALC887/888b,ALC888, ALC885/889a, ALC889, ALC892, ALC898 or ALC1150 high-definition audio codecs.
Replaces /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext with a patched 10.10.1 AppleHDA.kextedited by toleda to enable full functionality for the Realtek ALC269, ALC283, ALC887/888b,ALC888, ALC885/889a, ALC889, ALC892, ALC898 or ALC1150 high-definition audio codecs.Patches /Extra/DSDT.aml if found to replace the current layout-id with layout-id 1. AddsHDAEnabler=Yes, HDEFLayoutID=01000000 to /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

Remove these options to the trash, empty trash and boot using -f to update the kernel cache. Load correct audio option from earlier MultiBeast and reboot. If audio not working repeat the process (use the description from the earlier MultiBeast to ensure the correct options are removed)

I will definitely write a guide about this one. Thanks again.

Excellent - add some pictures as these are often lacking from Asus guid descriptions. :thumbup:

Got it Adrian. I will work on these instructions. Well my B75 build is solid and working great. No problem whatsoever. This is a build for one of my friend who needs some extra computing power as compared to regular desktops.

I will read these instructions and follow as per guidelines. Thanks again for the valuable advice. Will take pics and start writing the guidelines.

Got it Adrian. I will work on these instructions. Well my B75 build is solid and working great. No problem whatsoever. This is a build for one of my friend who needs some extra computing power as compared to regular desktops.

Good to hear the B75 is doing well, it should work fine for quite a while yet. Your friend will be thrilled with the results - I am sure of that. Well done.

I will read these instructions and follow as per guidelines. Thanks again for the valuable advice. Will take pics and start writing the guidelines.

Looking forward to seeing it. :thumbup:

Hi Adrian,

I tried different settings but sound is not working. Actually I am bit confused as the settings that are available on this forum are for Mavericks or the earlier versions when power settings and fake kernel was used. And I dont know which to pick or remove.

Can you plz udpate MB settings and send me that file. You know all the specifications of my system. So may be that will work.

Thanks

A quick question, should I use easy beast or DSDT free settings in my case?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back