Motherboard
Asus x79 Sabertooth Deluxe
CPU
Graphics
NVIDIA 710 TI
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
hi there,

ok so I am totally new to this hackintosh stuff and I am building a new workstation as a replacement for my 6 year old macpro. my next step is Multibeast in order to be able to boot automously without the iBoot CD.

I already found a thread that apparently offers DSDT files for download, but it is all confusing to me, since there are so many different files - I have no idea what to use. What DSDT specifically is good for my installation?

Here is my full configuration:

Asus Sabertooth X79
Intel processor: Core i7-3930K
2x Corsair Vengeance 16GB
OCZ ssd: Vertex 4 SATA III 2.5" SSD (256 GB) (Snow Leopard installed)
GeForce GTX 670 Ultra Durable
TP Link Wifi Card TL-WDN4800
Barracuda 3TB SATA HDD
Barracuda 3TB SATA HDD
Barracuda 2TB SATA HDD
Iogear GBU521W6 Bluetooth Adapter USB
Sony AD-7280S (AD-7280S-0B) DVD Burner

Thanks a lot for your help!

hi there,

thanks for your reply! I was able to install mountain lion, using unibeast. however, I had trouble launching the installer, as well as the installed mountain lion afterwards. using the following boot parameters, I was able to successfully boot into the installer (and ML):

-v npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No -f cpus=1

once started, ML runs very smooth, however the hexacore is not detected. haven't tested sound yet. after a while, the machine freezes and sometimes reboots.

using your link, I configured multibeast and rebooted - without success. I can only startup with the boot flags mentioned above.

also, I noticed something weird: the GTX670 drivers were missing in my multibeast checkmarklist - so, I cannot install any graphics drivers (however, it shows me the Nvidia card under "about..." and the resolution is high enough to work with)

I would love to hear any recommendations...

Robert

Follow these steps.

1, Make sure you are on the BIOS version 3102.

BIOS settings - SATA - AHCI, Graphics - GPU

Do a fresh installation. Use flags if needed. (GraphicsEnabler=No for your GPU)

Reboot into the fresh installation and run the latest multibeast with below settings checked and reboot.

Latest multibeast for Mountain Lion > http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=165

Screen Shot 2013-04-21 at 09.17.54.png

I see you have installed SL on the SSD (OCZ ssd: Vertex 4 SATA III 2.5" SSD (256 GB) (Snow Leopard installed)
and installing Mountain lion on one of these hard drive
Barracuda 3TB SATA HDD
Barracuda 3TB SATA HDD
Barracuda 2TB SATA HDD

If you run into BOOT0 error when booting from hard drive then refer to the below link.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-error-official-guide.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back