Contribute
Register

ASUS ROG STRIX Z590E

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well whatever the problem was I got Catalina installed. Imma do the mapping tonight.

Feartech... please please please tell me this mapping is a much better job... I went thru every single port with both usb 2 and usb 3 flash drives and I used a usb c cable for my iPhone to test those two ports.

Attachments

• USBPorts.kext.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 33
Feartech... please please please tell me this mapping is a much better job... I went thru every single port with both usb 2 and usb 3 flash drives and I used a usb c cable for my iPhone to test those two ports.
got a pic of your hackintool usb section?

this part:
Also my usb audio codec is on the usb stuff should that be internal as well?

is it plugged directly into the inside of your motherboard?

Ill reboot now into mac os within an hour and update this post with a screenshot of the hackintool usb section. far as the usb audio codec thing goes its inside the mobo itself.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 7.46.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 7.46.34 PM.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 43
Well im not sure if those mappings were correct or not, but I tried upgrading from catalina to monterey with those mappings and after the very first reboot it came up and says missing firmware or something along those lines and wouldnt let me continue! any ideas there?

Well im not sure if those mappings were correct or not, but I tried upgrading from catalina to monterey with those mappings and after the very first reboot it came up and says missing firmware or something along those lines and wouldnt let me continue! any ideas there?
make sure kexts and opencore are up to date

may need to temporarily change smbios to different model

may need SecureBootModel set to Disabled or Enabled

make sure kexts and opencore are up to date

may need to temporarily change smbios to different model

may need SecureBootModel set to Disabled or Enabled
OK thanks ill give those options a shot. OC is at 0.7.5 so thats good, u might be onto something with smbios or secureboot hadnt crossed my mind....... Anyways What about my USB mapping? how does it look fear?

Alright fear so i took your advice and first thing I tried was changing smbios to 20,1 and the installer actually booted this time but after that very first reboot opencore comes up and the drive i installed to is missing?!?! Ive NEVER seen this happen before....

OK Well I’m almost at the point of just being happy with Catalina or Big Sur at this point. I’ve read the mapping guide 100 times and I swear I’m testing every port with a usb 2 and usb 3 device but still it’s not mapping correctly for some reason. I don’t know if those ASM ports have something to do with my problem or what…… I’m mapping the ASM hubs as usb 3 since that’s what those ports are (double checked in ioregistryapp) and the audio codec as internal and I just removed the rgb related stuff (first map attempt I left them as internal so I don’t think that’s it) unless anyone has any suggestions I’m just gonna have to settle with Big Sur…

What if I just remove everything except the ASM ports and the usb hub and the usb audio codec and don’t test the other ports??? I realize that will only leave me with about 4 USB ports but when I’m in Mac OS that would be enough for me anyways.

Last edited:
Anyone know what hapened to macntosh? He was really helping me out and then he disappeared and appears to no longer be a member...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back