Contribute
Register

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-I Gaming Motherboard specs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still not sure if the extra Kext mess something up though, sometimes my wifi drops when I'm back from sleep.

I have not experienced this with my DW1560. It's a pretty popular choice among hackintoshers and I have not seen this as a common problem.

I just followed this guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/ to have proper USB support. I had to give up on some ports though to make it fit within the limit (14). It's working very well so far, and it shows up correctly in ioreg.

I have not experienced this with my DW1560. It's a pretty popular choice among hackintoshers and I have not seen this as a common problem.

Thanks! Hopefully it'll go away now that I fixed the USBs.

I will also be running an I9 9900k on my ROG STRIX I-Gaming board. What I am asking is does the DW1560 fit better than the DW1830 in the boards M.2 wifi slot and is one better than the other for any reason? I don't care about an extra Kext, as long as it works of course.

I will also be running an I9 9900k on my ROG STRIX I-Gaming board. What I am asking is does the DW1560 fit better and is one better than the other for any reason? I don't care about an extra Kext, as long as it works of course.

I don't know if the DW1560 or DW1820a is better. I think both max out at 867Mbps so they should be pretty similar once you have them working.

I haven't seen the size of the card being shipped with the Z390 motherboards.

The Intel AC 9560 that ships with the Asus ROG Strix Z390 I-Gaming measures 22mm x 30mm x 2.4mm.

Here is the data sheet, too bad it's not supported, pretty big step up from the DW1560.

I managed to order a used OEM one online for $40.00 shipped. A little bit pricey but I prefer a used OEM one then one that may take 2 months to get here from the far east.

Last edited:
The Intel AC 9560 that ships with the Asus ROG Strix Z390 I-Gaming measures 22mm x 30mm x 2.4mm.

Here is the data sheet, too bad it's not supported, pretty big step up from the DW1560.

I managed to order a used OEM one on Amazon.com for $40.00 shipped. A little bit pricey but I prefer a used OEM one then one that may take 2 months to get here from the far east.

I think the DW1560 is the same size.

The DW1830 (not DW1820a) is 25mm x 30mm.

I think the DW1560 is the same size.

The DW1830 (not DW1820a) is 25mm x 30mm.

Nice find. I ordered a DW1560 to test, hopefully it fits perfectly. The DW1830 doesn't even go at full speed on wifi for some reason, only 365Mb.

Nice find. I ordered a DW1560 to test, hopefully it fits perfectly. The DW1830 doesn't even go at full speed on wifi for some reason, only 365Mb.

Gee thanks, I'm the one that brought it up!

But seriously, thanks again to @pastrychef. By the way, are you really a Pastry Chef?

By the way, are you really a Pastry Chef?

No. Lol. It was just a handle that I came up with one night after going for coffee and, you guessed it, pastries. :lol:

Gee thanks, I'm the one that brought it up!

But seriously, thanks again to @pastrychef. By the way, are you really a Pastry Chef?

:D I'm honestly not sure if it's just my card though, because the other one I had didn't have the same issue. I'll report back for sure once I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back