Contribute
Register

Asus ROG Strix H370-I in need of assistance!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix H370-I
CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
GT 710
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Ok, so ive posted what feels like a million times and some have helped me out and all help has been appreciated.

I am going to go over everything im doing, with the exception of BIOS settings, to hopefully get a straight answer and get High Sierra installed and get this darn thing up and running so i can get back to work on audio/video editing!!

The first pic is what is in my Clover/kexts/other folder.

The second pic is what is in my clover/drivers64UEFI folder.

When i power on my unit, i mash on the F8 key. I select my Sandisk thumb drive. When i hit the Clover screen, i hit the spacebar and select Verbose because my thumb drive will ONLY boot using Verbose being selected and ONLY in my 3.1 ports and when i do reach the language selection screen, i lose all USB connectivity so i cannot use my mouse or keyboard to move forward.

Im pulling my hair out trying to resolve the issues and its been a week of struggling to even get THIS far!

I really need any help i can get. I really want this up and running, but im losing faith so fast....

Please....anyone...

-Sin

Attachments

• IMG_1703.jpg
    IMG_1703.jpg
    7.1 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_1705.jpg
    IMG_1705.jpg
    7.9 MB · Views: 48
Ok, so ive posted what feels like a million times and some have helped me out and all help has been appreciated.

I am going to go over everything im doing, with the exception of BIOS settings, to hopefully get a straight answer and get High Sierra installed and get this darn thing up and running so i can get back to work on audio/video editing!!

The first pic is what is in my Clover/kexts/other folder.

The second pic is what is in my clover/drivers64UEFI folder.

When i power on my unit, i mash on the F8 key. I select my Sandisk thumb drive. When i hit the Clover screen, i hit the spacebar and select Verbose because my thumb drive will ONLY boot using Verbose being selected and ONLY in my 3.1 ports and when i do reach the language selection screen, i lose all USB connectivity so i cannot use my mouse or keyboard to move forward.

Im pulling my hair out trying to resolve the issues and its been a week of struggling to even get THIS far!

I really need any help i can get. I really want this up and running, but im losing faith so fast....

Please....anyone...

-Sin

If you are using a recent version of WhateverGreen.kext, you can delete IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup.kext, IntelGraphicsFixup.kext, and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext because they are all integrated in to WhateverGreen.kext now. Besides, you are not using an Nvidia video card.

You can also delete apfs.efi and VboxHfs-64.efi.

Your USB issue should be fixed with a KextsToPatch in your config.plist. The patch will be dependent on which version of macOS you are trying to install.

thanks Pastry for the reply. i went ahead and removed those 5 files per your suggestion.

im not sure what you mean by fixing the config.plist with a KextsToPatch. would you mind explaining or link to a previous post for me to understand better or what to do?

when i click on the HS install file on the thumb drive, it says its v13.4.09.

thanks again.

-Sin

thanks Pastry for the reply. i went ahead and removed those 5 files per your suggestion.

im not sure what you mean by fixing the config.plist with a KextsToPatch. would you mind explaining or link to a previous post for me to understand better or what to do?

when i click on the HS install file on the thumb drive, it says its v13.4.09.

thanks again.

-Sin

You need to know which version of High Sierra you are installing, i.e. 10.13.0, 10.13.1, etc.

Then, do a search for "USB 15 port limit patch" and add the patch to config.plist > KextsToPatch.

even in my Applications folder, it doesnt say which version it is besides that 13.4.09. is there an easy way to find out what version it is?

does it matter wether i add that data before or after the current entries under KextsToPatch?

EDIT: looking at the config.plist in TextEdit, there are 5 entries of "change 15 port limit....", so am i to ADD or edit one of those?

Last edited:
even in my Applications folder, it doesnt say which version it is besides that 13.4.09. is there an easy way to find out what version it is?

If you don't know exactly which version it is, you can find all the 15 port limit patches and add them to your config.plist. Just make sure to fill in the "Match OS" field.

wait: what are you using to see it like that in your pic? when i open the config.plist, it opens in TextEdit...

here is my current config in KextToPatch. those 15 port limit ones were already there...

Attachments

• IMG_1707.jpg
    IMG_1707.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back