Contribute
Register

ASUS ROG Strix H370-I Gaming build

Status
Not open for further replies.
i too am using a h370-i mobo and could use assistance.

in post #7, there is a list of kext's that should be in folders and im missing some of them. not all, just some.

where might i find the following:

XHCI-300-series-injector.kext
ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi
EmuVariableUefi-64.efi
HashServiceFix-64.efi
AptioMemoryFix-64.efi
VBoxHfs-64.efi

also: Sennen states what the contents of 2 folders are. am i to assume that ONLY those listed should be in there?

thanks in advance!

-Sin

XHCI-unsupported.kext has replaced XHCI-300-series-injector.kext... Google it and you'll find RehabMan's GitHub repository.

The UEFI drivers are part of Clover so run the Clover installer package for them. If you don't need FileVault the minimum required are ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi, AptioMemoryFix-64.efi, EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and HFSPlus.efi (or VboxHfs-64) as shown in the the screenshot here .

XHCI-unsupported.kext has replaced XHCI-300-series-injector.kext... Google it and you'll find RehabMan's GitHub repository.

The UEFI drivers are part of Clover so run the Clover installer package for them. If you don't need FileVault the minimum required are ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi, AptioMemoryFix-64.efi, EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and HFSPlus.efi (or VboxHfs-64) as shown in the the screenshot here .

got it. i removed 200 and 300 out of the folder and now only the Unsupported one remains.

if you dont mind, kind sir, would you mind jumping over to my thread about the same exact motherboard HERE

-Sin

Thank you @Sennen!

Only thing that is now not working for me is on-board audio. Would I need to add AppleALC.kext and Lilu.kext for that?

Also, safe to upgrade to 10.14.3?

Thanks again!

Thank you @Sennen!

Only thing that is now not working for me is on-board audio. Would I need to add AppleALC.kext and Lilu.kext for that?

Also, safe to upgrade to 10.14.3?

Thanks again!

AppleALC.kext, Lilu.kext and audio layout 7 in config.plist i.e.
Code:
<key>Audio</key>
<dict>
    <key>Inject</key>
    <integer>7</integer>
    <key>ResetHDA</key>
    <true/>
</dict>

I have a test install of Mojave which I updated to 10.14.3 but I don't use it day-to-day due to having a Nvidia graphics card.

Thanks again, @Sennen.

Got a strange one now. If I boot off of the EFI folder on the USB drive I installed from, no problems; boots right up. If I boot off the same EFI folder on a SSD, It hangs on loading ethernet:

Any clue?

Assuming you're booting off the correct EFI partition, creating the EFI folder should be as simple as:
  • install Clover
  • copy kexts
  • copy config.plist and SSDT-UIAC.aml (if you're using one)
Work out where on those steps you're making a mistake.

Reactions: myc
For some reason if I boot with the ethernet cable plugged in, it still stalls. Unplugged it's fine. Anyways, a fully working build! Thrilled!

Should I be able to get everything running flawlessly on this build?

ASUS H390-I
Intel i3 8100
2x16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200
OEM Dell Wireless DW1560 802.11ac Broadcom BCM94352Z M.2 NGFF WIFI Card
Sapphire HD7950 (flashed with PowerColor bios, so UEFI works) - OR just the iGPU
Samsung 970 Evo NVME

Shouldn’t be a problem with a ASUS Z390-I MoBo, but in the end H390-I would be enough for my needs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back