Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

Updated from 1401 to 1502 and after that only Windows HDD can boot.
Checked BIOS settings, I have OS Type set to Other OS.
Also tried to reset all BIOS settings and start over again. Didn't work as well.
Tried with Clover and OpenCore - didn't work.

Rolled back to 1401 and all is back to normal.

Anyone with successful boot on 1502? Thanks in advance.

Solved: 11-June-2020 update

OpenCore: Actually this is solved by two things:
- Update to OpenCore 0.5.9
- BootProtect set to Bootstrap instead of None. (Documentation)

Clover - didn't check.

Last edited:
Hi. I have the same MB, only difference is the WIFI module. And the Same CPU. I use a RX 5700 XT and a Radeon VII. I testet both. I use Clover. Latest Version. (5116)

I updated the Bios from 1401 to 1502 successful. All works fine.

Maybe you forgot an important Bios setting?

@INVESTEGATE Many thanks for your reply. May I please ask for your settings if you have it written down somewhere or for BIOS settings backup file (.CMO)?

Unfortunately I don't have records on everything that changed after Load optimized defaults, will try to start from scratch this evening. It's nice that it's working for someone else, so I'm definitely missing something.

Previous two messages with video and my reply are gone, but anyway, I've checked BIOS settings against it and recommended settings here - it's identical.
Tried to upgrade, Load optimized defaults, start from scratch, nothing changed :(

Your BIOS settings would be highly appreciated. Thanks and much appreciated!

1. I have a same board - ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO (WI-FI), and same situation(BIOS 1502).
2. After many tests, I determined that 1502 is really a problem.
3. You can't longer select options other than WindowsBootsMGR when boot(even press F8, options outside of WindowsBootsMGR UEFI are gone).
4. You MUST enter the BIOS to manually select(choice OC EFI disk, press left or right to leave the current menu, and come back, choice OC EFI disk to boot now).
5. Now, I flash back to 1401, everything is OK, just wasting my time, damn!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back