Contribute
Register

ASUS ROG HERO XI Z390 i7-9700k VEGA 64 Help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any updates on the Maximus XI Hero Z390 board's compatibility with Hackintoshing? Anyone have a guide for a successful build? Would the 9900k work the same as the 9700k?

I have that same motherboard with Radeon RX580 and a Intel I7 8700k. I think I have it all up and running perfectly.

Here is my setup description file from bios setup to clover along with my EFI folder. Hope it will be of some help for you.

Attachments

• Installing Hackintosh Mojave on Asus Maximus Hero XI.pdf
    2.7 MB · Views: 256
  • EFI.zip
    22.3 MB · Views: 147
Hi everybody,

I'm totally new to hackintosh-ing(?) which makes my decision to go with the above config for a hackintosh even more unwise. But still I'm at the point where I'm needing some help.

The System
  • ASUS ROG HERO XI Z390 Motherboard
  • Intel i7-9700k
  • VEGA 64
  • 32GB RAM
  • 2 x Samsung 970 Evo NVME drives (one has a windows install, I'm hoping to get MacOS on the other)
So I've got windows up and running (no biggy) everything is fine. I've created a clover boot drive for Mojave and changed the BIOS settings as described in various places. I can boot the USB, clover runs, I pick the Mojave installer. Then the Apple logo and progress bar appears getting to about 60% then it changes to just a circle with a cross through (like a no smoking sign without the cig).

And that's as far as I've got. Is there a way to get a more instructive error message? A verbose mode? Is there a way for me to dump my BIOS settings so I can share? Anyone else with a Z390 motherboard had success yet?

Thanks

Ashley

I have the same specs you have. I created a USB using unibeast but for some reason, I can't get the motherboard to boot from the drive. I don't even see it in the boot options. I followed storks guide. What are your bios settings? Could I be doing something wrong setting up the USB?

Actually let me look at @aage setup

I have that same motherboard with Radeon RX580 and a Intel I7 8700k. I think I have it all up and running perfectly.

Here is my setup description file from bios setup to clover along with my EFI folder. Hope it will be of some help for you.

Did you get your Integrated Wi -Fi and Bluetooth working?

No I used the TP Link AC1900 (Model Nr. Archer T9E) for the WIFI , but the bluetooth from the built in card did work fine. Now I have replaced the built in Wifi with this card bought from Ebay.

"Broadcom BCM94352Z Wireless LAN Wifi Bluetooth 4.0 Dual Band NGFF Card 802.11ac."

Still not being able to make it work , so I´m using the TP LINK and now using a USB dongle (Konig CSBLUEKEY200) for the bluetooth. Will try sometimes later to get the Broadcom card to work, then I should have both WIFI and BT from one card.

Last edited:
why use a dongle when the onboard bluetooth works?

Because as I wrote above I replaced the built in wifi card with the broadcom card ( then lost the bluetooth working from the built in card. I still have not been able to get the broadcom card to work.

Last edited:
Because as I wrote above I replaced the built in wifi card with the broadcom card ( then lost the bluetooth working from the built in card. I still have not been able to get the broadcom card to work.

and you will never succeed .... although the slot looks the same as m.2 type E is made for the new Intel nCVI mode ... so you do not get tired anymore ... if you had read my posts( not only in this thread, in the forum in several places ) you would have noticed that I dropped this board for 2 months and I returned to the hero X ...

your misfortune .... like mine ... if we did not inform you before we threw money out the window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back