Contribute
Register

ASUS ROG GL551JK fully working on Mavericks

Status
Not open for further replies.
But I thought that we need a "clean" ACPI files cause you said
The patchmatic binary will extract all loaded ACPI files and place them in the current directory. If you're using any options in the bootloader that affect the injected DSDT/SSDT, you will not get native ACPI files, so be sure you're not using those options.

So i must reboot with my (bad) ACPI files loaded and make the files again?

But I thought that we need a "clean" ACPI files cause you said

So i must reboot with my (bad) ACPI files loaded and make the files again?

You reported a problem of graphics drivers not loading when using your patched ACPI setup. By providing patchmatic -extract output and ioreg that reflects that state, the files can be examined and the reason for the graphics problem determined. If the files represent a working state, then there is nothing to analyse.

Ok i understand this way to act. So here is my files and informations during my 7MB VRAM session :

Code:
ubuntu:RehabMan iskandar$ kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
   13    2 0xffffff7f82254000 0x65000    0x65000    com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (3.1) <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>
ubuntu:RehabMan iskandar$ kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
ubuntu:RehabMan iskandar$

View attachment 137797View attachment 137798View attachment 137799

You dropped too many SSDTs. None are being loaded...

Look at the names you have in SortedOrder. Those files do not appear in ACPI/patched.

Also, DSDT name is specified incorrectly (remove it and leave as default... which is DSDT.aml).

You dropped too many SSDTs. None are being loaded...

Look at the names you have in SortedOrder. Those files do not appear in ACPI/patched.

Also, DSDT name is specified incorrectly (remove it and leave as default... which is DSDT.aml).

Effectively, patchmatic only extract these 3 files : DSDT.aml SSDT-1.aml SSDT.aml
It mean that only these files are in memory during the session? Why the names are different ? In fact i see this cause i tried to extract with Clover, patchmatic and Linux to see if there are some differences (and there was : not same files name...)

How can you explain that i have these files in my /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ folder ? :
DSDT.aml SSDT2.aml SSDT5.aml SSDT8.aml
SSDT1.aml SSDT3.aml SSDT6.aml SSDT9.aml
SSDT10.aml SSDT4.aml

Code:
(remove it and leave as default... which is DSDT.aml)
Which DSDT file are you talking about?

So, now i changed the configuration :
cconfig.png

And after reboot, i have 1536MB of VRAM but.... the bugged Menu bar come back
Capture d’écran 2015-05-17 à 23.51.35.png

Incredible :|

If needed, i reupload new files
View attachment RehabMan.zipView attachment MacBook Pro de Iskamyra.ioreg.zip

I FINALLY FOUND IT, the 9MB cursor patch disappeared from the config file, why i realy don't know but i add it and now i'll reboot...

Can u tell me what's the one (kext) u use ? It's the generic "VoodooPS2Controller.kext" ?

voodooPS2 worked well for me, except randomly show me the same issue as you describe, crazy mouse,cured only by a sleep/wake or a reboot.
i tried something else, named ApplePS2ElanTouchpad. Still this one suffer of touchpad problems, but very rare, and when it don't work, it just don't move. i must say i use the touchpad very few, and not at all gestures even if supported by the driver.When you use ElanTouchpad kext you have to totally remove any voodoops2 related file because it use its own.
as side note, i switched on the weekend to applehda, dropping voodoohda, it was giving me no earphones/speaker auto switch. Patched applehda works good, just the sound don't get out of speakers after a wake, it is a know eapd problem and i solved with reset audio 1.6 by Michael Clifford.
Glad you solved the problem with display, 9mb cursor patch was in the earlier list i've posted.

voodooPS2 worked well for me, except randomly show me the same issue as you describe, crazy mouse,cured only by a sleep/wake or a reboot.
i tried something else, named ApplePS2ElanTouchpad. Still this one suffer of touchpad problems, but very rare, and when it don't work, it just don't move. i must say i use the touchpad very few, and not at all gestures even if supported by the driver.When you use ElanTouchpad kext you have to totally remove any voodoops2 related file because it use its own.
as side note, i switched on the weekend to applehda, dropping voodoohda, it was giving me no earphones/speaker auto switch. Patched applehda works good, just the sound don't get out of speakers after a wake, it is a know eapd problem and i solved with reset audio 1.6 by Michael Clifford.
Glad you solved the problem with display, 9mb cursor patch was in the earlier list i've posted.

Everything is not totally fixed, but work is in progress. Thanks for your tips, i'll try ur kext for the trackpad + audio. When i could work on it i'll correct my config.plist to make 9MB fix cursor working with my ACPI files and then, tryin to fix all my ACPI with battery, sleep, CPU, desactivate discrete cards...
Finally i'll correct the trackpad+audio and I'll make a detailed thread to explain all the point to follow to make it work well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back