i7-8750H
Graphics
HD 630
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi all,
going to buy Asus ROG GL502VS
it has i7 6700HQ and GTX 1070 (dedicated, not optimus, igpu disabled by bios)

is there any chance gtx 10 series laptop supported by web driver?

Hi all,
going to buy Asus ROG GL502VS
it has i7 6700HQ and GTX 1070 (dedicated, not optimus, igpu disabled by bios)

is there any chance gtx 10 series laptop supported by web driver?
Have this system too. I have read that there will no nvidia drivers in the near future.

Also, Im trying to install MacOS Sierra and the Clover bootloader instalation get stuck because of the NVMe drive?
Any solution for this?

@RehabMan : I have searched the forum and have read the threads I've found, and the situation is unclear. Quite a few threads start out well but don't end with a conclusion - such as this one. It would seem to be a dead-end (for now) due to it having a GTX 1080 or 1070 only, but again, it's not entirely clear.
Also take this thread for example: SherM4n starts out with the wrong guide, you point to the right one, nearly a month later there's no follow-up there, so who knows if it works or not?
Is my asking whether a resolution exists a problem?

@SherM4n : cheers, that's helpful... Seriously, I'm looking to buy this laptop and I'd like to know whether we can dual-boot, and have semblance of normality using OSX on it, for things like wifi usage, internet stuff, and photo editing. Could you please share your experience or point me in to the forum thread where you've already done that, if available? Many thanks.

@RehabMan : I have searched the forum and have read the threads I've found, and the situation is unclear. Quite a few threads start out well but don't end with a conclusion - such as this one. It would seem to be a dead-end (for now) due to it having a GTX 1080 or 1070 only, but again, it's not entirely clear.
Is my asking whether a resolution exists a problem?

If it has only the Nvidia hardware, no Intel HD, then you're out of luck. There is no support currently for Nviida 1000-series graphics.

@RehabMan: according to the specs, the i7-6700HQ should have an "Intel HD Graphics 530" GPU, although possibly disabled by default. Any idea whether this could be brought back online, e.g. via the BIOS?

@RehabMan: according to the specs, the i7-6700HQ should have an "Intel HD Graphics 530" GPU, although possibly disabled by default. Any idea whether this could be brought back online, e.g. via the BIOS?

If it is not an option in BIOS or not already Optimus, then it is not there.
Easy to tell from an 'lspci -nn' in Linux.
Would need patched/unlocked BIOS, and even then it may not be possible (disabled in hardware/Intel not connected/etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back