Contribute
Register

Asus Rampage V Extreme X99: Screen goes black after Clover bootloader OSX 10.10.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus X99 Rampage V Extreme
CPU
Intel Core i7-5820K
Graphics
GeForce GTX 760
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

An issue from a novice hackintosh user. I've been trying to make my OSX 10.10.5 installation work on my Asus Rampage V Extreme + 5820K combo. Below are the details:

Background:

I'm using this method described here. I followed it to the letter. I was able to make it work with OSX 10.10.1 without issues but for some reason I'm not able to boot completely from my EFI partition with OSX 10.10.5.

Issue:

After post-install, I unmounted my UniBeast installer and rebooted my hackintosh to attempt to boot into the EFI partition where I installed Clover bootloader. I see the Clover bootloader screen and then I select to boot from the OSX HD. It attempts to boot and I can see the white apple logo with all black background with the white loading screen and then my monitor shuts off. I can see that my monitor has power but it seems to not detect any signal from my GTX 760 graphics card. The monitor's led light at the lower right hand side goes from white to orange. I know my hackintosh is running base on the Q-Code on the motherboard. All my fans are running too. I tried using verbose boot flag but I can't see the exact error fast enough as the monitor instantly shuts off. I saw the error once and it said "IOUSBFamily did not receive enough extra current for the SuperSpeed device". I read somewhere and went on and installed "GenericUSBXHCI.kext" which resulted to all of my USB ports to fail. I knew my USB ports are working perfectly fine because I can boot from my UniBeast installer and then select the 10.10.5 hard drive and successfully boot the OS.

I also tried using nv_disable=1 boot flag and I can boot successfully but everything is in slow motion as if my graphics card is missing. Currently, I'm using npci=0x2000, kext-dev-mode=1 and -v but I don't know what other flags to use to successfully boot from my EFI partition. I mean I'm currently running 10.10.1 but would be happy to move to 10.10.5 if possible.

Looking forward to your thoughts. Thanks!

add -v -f in front of ur bootflags to see where its getting stucked! also try adding the following boot flags to see if it works. dart=0 debug=0x14e

Thanks for the reply. I tried all the boot flags you mentioned except for the debug. I'll try it soon. I'm not able to see the exact error clearly even when running verbose since my monitor shuts off instantly after the clover bootloader.

I'm just throwing it out there to probably pinpoint what the probable causes are for having your monitor shut off while your hackintosh is running at full speed during boot up.

Thanks again.

Check config.plist:

PHP:
    <key>Graphics</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Inject</key>
        <dict>
            <key>ATI</key>
            <false/>
            <key>Intel</key>
            <false/>
            <key>NVidia</key>
            <true/>
        </dict>
        <key>PatchVBios</key>
        <false/>
    </dict>

I have tried the following checkboxes under Graphics in Clover Configurator "Inject Nvidia" or "NvidiaGeneric" or "NvidiaSingle" to no avail. The only time I can boot up without my screen shutting off is when I invoke the nv_disable=1 boot flag (which makes everything in slow motion).

Attached is my config.plist if it helps.

View attachment config.plist

Try this: Of course rename to config.plist

Attachments

• test-config.plist
    2.9 KB · Views: 217
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back