Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Edited 12/20/2013

Asus Rampage IV Gene (bios version 4206)
I7-3930k 3.8ghz
16gig ddr3 2133mhz ram
gtx 670 2gb by galaxy
turtle beach usb audio stick
usb bluetooth and onboard

Installed 10.9 over 10.8.4
hit F8 to select my usb installer and booted with the boot flags : -v cpus=1 npci=0x2000
Skipped the disk utility since i wasn't doing a fresh install.
After the Install I booted up F8 through the usb drive and selected my mavericks HD.
Ran Multibeast 6.0.1

Screen Shot 2013-12-20 at 11.35.23 AM.png
I then edited the org.chameleon.Boot.plist with npci=0x2000, ethernet built in.
Repaired permissions and rebooted.
I updated HWMonitor to 6.0.1017

"DasBoot" thanks for suggesting the HWmonitor update, works great for Dual Monitors, no more app crashes.

"Going Bald" Thanks for suggesting the ALC898. I had to update my bios from 3301 to 4206 in order for ALC898 to recognize the audio jacks. I now have fully working audio ports on my hack.

next thing to try is the EFI Partition.
Screen Shot 2013-12-20 at 12.12.50 PM.png

Just wanted to say Thanks to everyone especially tonymac and macman. Installed 10.9 over my 10.8.4 system install and no glitches at all.

Deleted most of the old kext files before I did the Upgrade.
Booted into the usb installer with -v npci=0x2000 cpus=1.
Ran the installer without messing with the disk utility as i was only upgrading.
Took about 30-40 min to install, rebooted using the usb stick and loaded into the OS.

Ran MB 6.0 and installed 3rd party SATA, FakeSMC v5.3.820 (plugins and HW Monitor), USB 3.0- Universal by Zenith432, Intel-hnak's AppleIntelE1000e v2.5.4,AppleRTC Patch for Cmos reset, Chimera v2.2.1(for good measure).

I then edited the org.chameleon.Boot.plist with npci=0x2000, ethernet built in and restart fix.
Repaired permissions and rebooted.

Everything works better then it did on 10.8.4.The one and only problem i'm having with dual monitors is HW Monitor app in the menu bar is not responding after a while. I have to force the app to close in activity monitor and reopen it to see what the readings are.

Asus Rampage IV Gene
I7-3930k 3.8ghz
16gig ddr3 2133mhz ram
gtx 670 by galaxy
turtle beach usb audio stick
usb bluetooth

Are you using the latest Hardware Monitor, did you check software updater in monitor (version 6.XXXX)??
Did you hide bootloader and files in EFI partition?

Are you using the latest Hardware Monitor, did you check software updater in monitor (version 6.XXXX)??
Did you hide bootloader and files in EFI partition?

I haven't gotten around to doing the EFI partition boot loader and extra folder trick. As for HW monitor its working fine since updating to 6.xxxx. w/e the newest one is.

Onboard audio doesn't work though right?

If you are using any bios version prior to 4206 it does not work. if you are using 4206 or later it works with ALC898 *thanks going bald*

Thank you for the update, it is encouraging. I have 2 Asus builds that I want to install OS on. Both Z87. Did you have to patch power management in BIOS for the initial install? My music computer has Asus Z77 mobo- I was too scared to do the patching. So I am trying on Z87 this Friday night or Saturday. I was told that Asus Z87 boards do not have legacy BIOS something and need that EFI partition trick to boot, so I am all confused now. Come check on me some time this weekend. I have strong feeling- I will run in to a brick wall with it. Glad it works for you. Oh- and- what is about the SupremeFX III audio driver? My motherboard has Realtek ALC1150- is it any better? Thank you.

No unfortunately it does not due to asus putting SupremeFX audio chipset on the board.I use a usb audio stick from turtle beach.
Is that SupremeFX III? Have you tried the ALC898 from MultiBeast? It worked with the MaximusV Gene Ivy Bridge board.

Is that SupremeFX III? Have you tried the ALC898 from MultiBeast? It worked with the MaximusV Gene Ivy Bridge board.

No I have not tried that. And yes it is the Supreme FX III chip.I'll give that a try today. Thanks Going Bald.

As far as patching power management in the bios, no i did not patch the bios. I'm running with nullcpupowermanagement.kext

Oh- and- what is about the SupremeFX III audio driver? My motherboard has Realtek ALC1150- is it any better? Thank you.

No problems with ALC1150 chip set. there should be a selection in multi beast for that one.

I still not getting it why you need EFI partition if everything works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back