Contribute
Register

Asus Rampage IV Extreme Guide: Create your DSDT in 5 min using MacIASL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ newcosmo,
r4be patch list coming soon. Maybe tomorrow.

@ zelanaiznac,
Please post an ioreg too.

shilohh i don't have the mobo, i want to buy it causa of a great deal, i have only the dsdt from the latest bios extracted using uefitool from the latest bios

shilohh i don't have the mobo, i want to buy it causa of a great deal, i have only the dsdt from the latest bios extracted using uefitool from the latest bios
AFIK all Asus X79 boards boot and run without acpi patching. Please post an ioreg once you have the board.

AFIK all Asus X79 boards boot and run without acpi patching. Please post an ioreg once you have the board.

finally bought the rampage 4 extreme.
shilohh, did you put on your dsdt even the patches that rampaged made on his last ssdt? (he prefers to create ssdt instead of patching dsdt, i don't know why)

finally bought the rampage 4 extreme.
shilohh, did you put on your dsdt even the patches that rampaged made on his last ssdt? (he prefers to create ssdt instead of patching dsdt, i don't know why)
I don't add a virtual audio device or hdmi audio to pci slot 1. Other than that, I think I have the same stuff and more. I also use some different code for my edits and remove some devices that OS X doesn't use. I patch non-removable onboard devices in the dsdt and removable devices in SSDTs. Andrew puts everything in a SSDT so that you can update or change the bios without re patching any acpi tables but he provides no fix for irq mapping or conflicts. I always give HPET 4 specific IRQs which must be done in the DSDT so I will always need to patch the dsdt when I update the bios. Therefore I see no reason not to fix all the devices in the dsdt. Using a ssdt to override code from the dsdt serves no purpose if I'm already patching the dsdt.

I don't add a virtual audio device or hdmi audio to pci slot 1. Other than that, I think I have the same stuff and more. I also use some different code for my edits and remove some devices that OS X doesn't use. I patch non-removable onboard devices in the dsdt and removable devices in SSDTs. Andrew puts everything in a SSDT so that you can update or change the bios without re patching any acpi tables but he provides no fix for irq mapping or conflicts. I always give HPET 4 specific IRQs which must be done in the DSDT so I will always need to patch the dsdt when I update the bios. Therefore I see no reason not to fix all the devices in the dsdt. Using a ssdt to override code from the dsdt serves no purpose if I'm already patching the dsdt.

thank you. other question: in his last ssdt he put a rtc patch, did you add it too on your dsdt patch?
i attached his ssdt for the rampage4extreme with nvidia gpu

i would like to patch everything on the dsdt because i use ozmosis (instead of clover or chimera), so i have a full native system

Attachments

• SSDT.aml.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 96
thank you. other question: in his last ssdt he put a rtc patch, did you add it too on your dsdt patch?
Yes. You can see a brief description of each edit after the # in my list.

Yes. You can see a brief description of each edit after the # in my list.

thank you!
so, briefing, what should i add to your patches? i mean, ok the ssdt with power management using piker's script, but what else considering that i'm using a gtx 780 ti?hdmi audio perhaps? if so, what should i edit?
i have no other peripherals a part from a usb3.0 pci express and the original apple bcm94360cd wi-fi ac + bt 4.0(trough lci express converter)

@xelanaiznac,
You can add hdmi to another ssdt for your 780ti if you want it but I see no reason to unless you'll be connecting a HDTV to your gpu but most monitors and TVs have crappy speakers anyway. I've never added hdmi audio to any of my builds. The only reason I would is if I were building a home theatre box. Other than that, I've got some SSDTs that will make any pci card show up in about this Mac. I'll post them later when I'm home.

EDIT: I just rembered that you want to do it all in the dsdt and you can do everything I mentioned in the dsdt if you want

Hi shilohh
I've missed your X79 Deluxe v4 patch ? What’s the difference with the v2 one ?
Any news for Marvell sata controller ?
I plan to update my Asus X79 Deluxe to 0801 version: do I only need to patch my new DSDT? Is your v4 patch compatible with this bios ?
Tanks for your work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back