Contribute
Register

ASUS Rampage III Gene can i instal mac osx 10.10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Rampage III Gene LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
CPU
intel core i7
Graphics
nvidia qutro 4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0

Yes.

I had one of the betas working before. I used clover and a GTX 660 TI SC 3gb. I had problems with native PM - cpu ran about 5-10 degrees higher in OS X but it worked well in general. You will need VoodooHDA for the sound and probably a custom DSDT before you can run your gig w/o nullCPU.
I no longer have Yosemite running on it but I can probably provide a DSDT for the latest bios on Monday. Let me know.

Hi neuroman,

I am needing a DSDT for Yosemite for the same board. I don't have the latest clover installed, but have ran into serious booting problems!

Thanks once again!

Andy

interested

want to install yosemite on this config

Asus Rampage III Gene
i7 950
12gb DDR3
128gb SSD
GTX760

I have run in to some issues as well. What boot flags have you used? I have tried: cpus=1, GraphicsEnabler=YES, npci=0x2000, and PCIRootUID=1 all in different orders. I got the system to install but now I can't boot from it. It gives me a boot0: error message. Are there flags that do work for this MB?

It is possible. I just installed 10.10.4 last night and finally got it running this morning. Using the unibeast method it is pretty simple. My specs are: R3G, i7@950, 12GB Mushkin Ram, 2@GTX 580, 2@Crucial MX100 512GB not raid. With MAc OS as main drive boot in to the unibeast installer. NO PCIRootUID=1 needed. Thats where I keept making mistakes.

-V (not necessary) GraphicsEnabler=YES (GTX 4xx, 5xx cards) and npci=0x2000. This is all that is needed to boot. On new SSD's you will need to do the "boot0:error" fix described on the forum after install. Then all will be good.

I still have no sound but I have dealt with that before and USB-3 I don't believe is working but all else works well.
Good Luck!

PS: There is a good DSDT floating on one of the other forums that I used (insanlymac I think). Seems to be working well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back