Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Can anyone help me with my Multi Beast configuration? I am installing on a Asus Rampage II Gene with a Sapphire 5770 and an i7 920.

Thanks.

I went through and made a few selections when I installed, and I am operational. I didn't select anything in the Networking section because my ethernet already works? Do I still want to install the Realtek 8xx kext?

Also, I haven't tried sound or anything yet but I do know that Shut Down is not working. It goes to the blue screen and sits there forever, I have to manually power off. Is there something in Multi beast I can install to fix this? Thanks for the help.

Ebes1099 said:
Do I still want to install the Realtek 8xx kext?

Also, I haven't tried sound or anything yet but I do know that Shut Down is not working. It goes to the blue screen and sits there forever, I have to manually power off. Is there something in Multi beast I can install to fix this? Thanks for the help.

If you state that internet works because you just booted to desktop using iBoot, then yes you will need to install the Realtek 8xxx kext.

Try the evoreboot.kext for a shutdown/restart solution.

I had this all up and running. I even got the Shut Down working. I had been testing it while I kept plugging more things in. Eventually I had my OS X hard drive plugged in, and my 2 Win 7 HD's. Problem was I only had 3 SATA cords plugged into my motherboard at the time. So after I made sure everything was working with those 3 plugged in, I put another SATA cord in and plugged in my 3 HD's and my Optical drive. Now the Hard Drives were all in different SATA ports from when I originally installed.

I booted into Windows 7 and it reinstalled a bunch of the AHCI drivers (i'm assuming for the SATA ports that now had new drives in them). Then I restarted and tried to boot into my Snow Leopard drive and I get a Kernel Panic. The only thing that has changed was now the SATA ports are different from install.

Is that my issue or could it be something else? Does my optical drive still need to be in SATA port 1? I don't understand how that could matter. Maybe it's how I set up my BIOS? In order to have my OS X drive be boot priority 1 I had to change it to the #1 hard drive. Maybe it's in my BIOS?

The error I was getting in verbose mode was still waiting for root device.

It must have been finicky about the SATA ports because I switched them all around back to what I thought they were during install and I am up and running. I have everything connected and can boot into Snow Leopard and Win 7. My restart is working from SL but my Shut Down isn't. Also, I can't get any sound through my receiver. I am connected through HDMI. I'll have to look into that. Thanks for all the help on here, this site is great.

Rampage II Gene 10.6.8 update working

Hello everyone; I've been in the Rampage III Gene thread not realizing there was a Rampage II Gene thread going.

I used the Iboot multibeast method installed snow leopard 10.6.3 ran the combo update then easybeast install. Since then I use the Autopatcher DSDT for the Rampage II Gene from Insanelymac website.

Here is my Boot Up to OSX: http://youtu.be/rN2piO8MqOo

The only problems i've had so far:

I was never able to get onboard Firewire working for my external FW 800/400 Hard drive. It only works with my M-audio Firewire Solo soundcard. I purchased a FW 800/400 Firewire card (Syba) and it works phenomenally well.

Onboard Audio; never installed as I used external Soundcard only (M-audio Firewire Solo) and it works perfectly.
UPDATE - Onboard Audio works fine; listening to music via the headphone port (front green)

On Restart/Shutdown; I'm not sure if it's working properly; when in verbose mode I get this:

When I boot in Verbose Mode I get a brief stall on these two lines:

IMG_2353.png

When I shutdown my computer I get this:

IMG_2351.jpg

Am I damaging anything shutting down this way?

Other than that i'm not having any major problems; I'm running Final Cut Studio, Avid Pro Tools 9; Propellerheads Reason 5; all are running great; Midi is also working perfectly. Esata Port from motherboard works fine too.

Additionally;
I ran Software Update for 10.6.8, downloaded, installed, restarted; all seems to be working well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back