Nvidia 8800GT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Asus Rampage Formula boots network extension with -x only

So I'm stumped... I've been keeping track of what I had to do to get my rampage up and running here (http://roadzy.blogspot.com/2013/06/hackintosh-asus-rampage.html).

I got 10.10 installed and working just fine with booting off the USB. I run multibeast just fine and I reboot and i just get a blinking underscore cursor. Reboot, boot off thumb drive, its fine. I do have to throw the GraphicsEnabler=Yes flag when booting the USB and I checked that option in multibeast. I'm just not sure where to go from here.

As a side note it has Yukon Gigabite network card that this driver here (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/267409-marvell-8056-in-sl-1068/) has worked in 10.8 and 10.9. It seems to now cause the USB boot not to work correctly.

2 questions... one how can I boot in to a mode for me to delete that extension to see if that is what is causing the USB not to boot correctly and 2 any idea if there is a newer driver? That is from like 2011.

Thanks in advance.

Found -x boots in to safe mode and once I got in with out safe mode, the network loaded fine. So its not that.

Its almost like Chimera isn't installing.

Well I feel stupid... I don't see a delete option but I ended up finding out that it was trying to boot from the wrong hard drive first which just locked it up instead of moving on to the next hard drive.

Interesting now it boots just fine, but I've lost my network. Extension isn't loading...

Last edited:
Did you install on a separate partition?

The key is ensuring that you are selecting the right hard drive or partition to boot from. The blinking underscore would mean that there is currently no boot loader being loaded or grabbed. You may want to look and ensure that you formatted you hard disk in the correct format as well as ensure that both your BOIS is selecting the right partition/hard drive.

Hope this helps.

Yup thats exactly what happened. Any thoughts on why my network extension would load and all of a sudden stop loading? Could a boot flag cause this?

I think it's a kext personally. You may want to try and throw some different kext at the problem.

If it works in -x it might very well have to do with the boot loader hitting something in the kext loading it shouldn't?

I'm not sure, and maybe some googling will help you with that one - sorry.

Asus Rampage Formula boots network extension with -x only

is -x safe mode? I saw someone post some where that is what it is. It does work when using -x.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back