CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I see there isn't as much support for ASUS on TonyMac as there is love for Gigabyte.

I hastily purchased an ASUS P6X58D-E motherboard because I liked it's features, and the fact that it's a 1366 chipset, I'd really like to run a 6-core i7-980 processor.

I had searched the forum before, and I THOUGHT I had seen someone with a successful build with this mobo... Anyone have any insight? Should I sell this thing and go for something else?

Any help would be appreciated.

ryan.kruger said:
I see there isn't as much support for ASUS on TonyMac as there is love for Gigabyte.

I hastily purchased an ASUS P6X58D-E motherboard because I liked it's features, and the fact that it's a 1366 chipset, I'd really like to run a 6-core i7-980 processor.

I had searched the forum before, and I THOUGHT I had seen someone with a successful build with this mobo... Anyone have any insight? Should I sell this thing and go for something else?

I see you already had mac in your signature, have you tried install with your mac installation for your mac into your pc ? you have macbook air, and you must be have thumbdrive installation with iLife. you have to try it first , first thing first you need iboot to make your pc can boot your mac installation disk working. and if you meet any problem you can post in here again, because you are not alone , everybody has a problem here ;)

ryan.kruger said:

Really? I disagree.

ryan.kruger said:

Have you made any attempts to install OS X on your PC? The tools here don't discriminate between compatible ASUS and GIGABYTE motherboards. 1366 chipsets are compatible.

beelzebozo said:
ryan.kruger said:

Really? I disagree.

[quote="ryan.kruger":2np8xoa6]I hastily purchased an ASUS P6X58D-E motherboard because I liked it's features, and the fact that it's a 1366 chipset, I'd really like to run a 6-core i7-980 processor.

Have you made any attempts to install OS X on your PC? The tools here don't discriminate between compatible ASUS and GIGABYTE motherboards. 1366 chipsets are compatible.[/quote:2np8xoa6]

Agree, he using asus, so do i, so ? Try it first if you want to know its working or not

I'm piecing together a new build, and got the P6X58D-E on a Newegg special offer.

Good to know that 1366 Chipset isn't out of the running. Now, that said, will any chipset that's 1366 spec work with this? Any six-core hacks around? I was looking at the i7-980 Gulftown.

I guess the scare stemmed from not seeing any search results turn from having searched for P6X58D-E, or very few with confirmed completion (not even just on this board, mind you).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back