Graphics
HD 4000/1366x768
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi there! I recently bought this laptop and began the process to install OS X Yosemite on it. Installation went smooth without any problem, after restart there's only the USB option on the Unibeast menu, in other words, the newly created OS X partition is not shown.

Any idea on what the problem is?

Thanks in advance!

CJ :thumbup:

Im having trouble getting to install Yosemite in my Clover USB, its getting disconnected everytime I try, Im using a virtual OS X machine to do it since I dont have a Mac, any other suggestion? OS X is already installed in the Asus laptop only problem is I cannot see the partition, if I make a Clover USB only could it be possible for Clover to see that partition since its already there?

I did it it worked IT WORKED!!!

For future users and owners of this machine ASUS Q500A Intel i5 750GB 6Gb RAM

1. Go to Bios and turn off Virtualization, Secure boot and enable CMS.

2. Install OS X Yosemite using the Unibeast method, complete installation.

3. Create a new Clover USB only! Add the kexts recommended in Clover folders in this thread:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...oting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover-uefi.html

Note: Use the config.plist 1366x768 HD4000 NOT the series 6 one.

4. Plug new Clover USB start the machine and select your OS X partition. In my case a weird white Apple logo was shown, nevermind everything will be back to normal once startup is complete, you will get native resolution off the bat when setting up your Mac, enjoy!!!

:headbang::headbang::headbang:

@Rehabman

Bro I manage to set up OS X Yosemite, now, how do I install Clover on the HDD? Which specific settings should I select? I followed the guide but Im not sure if I did it right. I basically installed it on the OS X (HDD) partition with the same USB settings, but also added the ones mentioned on the thread you referred me, after booting again it did not work, had to switch to USB to properly boot.

Suggestions?

@Rehabman

Bro I manage to set up OS X Yosemite, now, how do I install Clover on the HDD? Which specific settings should I select? I followed the guide but Im not sure if I did it right. I basically installed it on the OS X (HDD) partition with the same USB settings, but also added the ones mentioned on the thread you referred me, after booting again it did not work, had to switch to USB to properly boot.

Suggestions?

Did you copy the correct config.plist?

Did you copy the correct config.plist?

Yes, but nevermind I found out a solution, I copied the USB EFI folder to my HDD EFI partition, then I boot up Clover using USB and there is a Options settings in Clover that allows to add that HDD partition to the Bios which in my case was the problem cause the Bios did not see it, after adding it it worked like a charm, not necessary to use USB.

Now next question, I have a second partition for Windows which I plan to install, when using Unibeast and Chameleon I basically did the same as Clover, set OS X, copied the Extra folder to OS X HDD, then proceeded to install Windows and within Windows used the tool EasyBCD to be able to choose to boot either OS X or Windows on start up, this method worked using Unibeast and Chameleon, will it work with Clover too? Are you familiar with EasyBCD? Just in case, I'm trying to explain my best here, hope you understand, I don't want to proceed until I'm sure it will work, took my a while to get OS X running and I dont wanna mess things up.

Yes, but nevermind I found out a solution, I copied the USB EFI folder to my HDD EFI partition, then I boot up Clover using USB and there is a Options settings in Clover that allows to add that HDD partition to the Bios which in my case was the problem cause the Bios did not see it, after adding it it worked like a charm, not necessary to use USB.

You got the correct config.plist by using the config.plist on the USB. And then you added Clover to the BIOS UEFI entiries.

Now next question, I have a second partition for Windows which I plan to install, when using Unibeast and Chameleon I basically did the same as Clover, set OS X, copied the Extra folder to OS X HDD, then proceeded to install Windows and within Windows used the tool EasyBCD to be able to choose to boot either OS X or Windows on start up, this method worked using Unibeast and Chameleon, will it work with Clover too? Are you familiar with EasyBCD? Just in case, I'm trying to explain my best here, hope you understand, I don't want to proceed until I'm sure it will work, took my a while to get OS X running and I dont wanna mess things up.

You can dual boot with Clover. Make sure you install Windows as UEFI.

You got the correct config.plist by using the config.plist on the USB. And then you added Clover to the BIOS UEFI entiries.

You can dual boot with Clover. Make sure you install Windows as UEFI.

No, I added your recommended settings, config.plist and kexts from the thread you suggested, that's how I created the USB:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...oting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover-uefi.html

I downloaded your Zip and used the 1366x768 HD4000 config.plist and added it to the Efi folder in USB and copied that folder to HDD Efi folder. Only strange thing I see is at start up, when starting up, a white Apple logo in a black screen appears instead of the normal grey and white logo screen, can that be fixed, any idea what's causing that?? After that everything switches to normal and at log in screen I have full native resolution, it only happens at start up.

As for Windows, sorry to ask, but, how do I install Windows as UEFI?

No, I added your recommended settings, config.plist and kexts from the thread you suggested, that's how I created the USB:

I know. And after that, you failed to follow the same instructions for installing to the HDD.

Only strange thing I see is at start up, when starting up, a white Apple logo in a black screen appears instead of the normal grey and white logo screen,

It is the correct startup screen for your hardware.

As for Windows, sorry to ask, but, how do I install Windows as UEFI?

Boot the installation media in UEFI mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back