Contribute
Register

Asus ProArt B660-Creator - i7-12700KF - MSI RX 560 4GB - ThunderboltEX 3-TR

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found the path in the hackintool, I put it in the tab devicepropreties but it does not work.. Should I put it somewhere else?

@starghost1100 good luck for you new build!

Which Ethernet port is not working?

For the Realtek RTL8125, are you using the Lucy Realtek kext? Simply google for it:

Google: “Realtek 8125 kext”

Which Ethernet port is not working?

For the Realtek RTL8125, are you using the Lucy Realtek kext? Simply google for it:

Google: “Realtek 8125 kext”
Great! It fix all my Ethernet ports, thank you!

If using a USBPorts.kext have you also disabled USBInjectAll.kext?

Edit: Just saw your photos.

I suggest editing the kext. Please take a look at the USB section of my guide.

I finally found the time to follow the post for USB mapping. I followed the tutorial but I still have questions about unexplained things.

On the front panel, I have 2 USB3 ports, only 1 works in USB2, the other is not detected in USB2?

In the back, all USB 2 works in USB2, but does not work in USB3, and the reverse, the USB3 works in USB3 but not in USB2?

And I have the 2 internal USBs which are no longer detected, but it worked with generic USB mapping that I had until now, so from what I know it must be in one of its ports: HS01/HS02 /HS08

[UPDATE]:Finally I have found the ports : HS03 and HS02

Here is an image mapping of what I could find, it can be used for a future build.

Capture d’écran 2022-05-23 à 16.38.08.png

Capture d’écran 2022-05-23 à 16.37.59.jpg

Last edited:
I finally found the time to follow the post for USB mapping. I followed the tutorial but I still have questions about unexplained things.

On the front panel, I have 2 USB3 ports, only 1 works in USB2, the other is not detected in USB2?

In the back, all USB 2 works in USB2, but does not work in USB3, and the reverse, the USB3 works in USB3 but not in USB2?

And I have the 2 internal USBs which are no longer detected, but it worked with generic USB mapping that I had until now, so from what I know it must be in one of its ports: HS01/HS02 /HS08

[UPDATE]:Finally I have found the ports : HS03 and HS02

Here is an image mapping of what I could find, it can be used for a future build.

View attachment 548204

View attachment 548211
Do you mind sending your USBPorts.map?

Trying something new here. This Asus board has similar documentation as my Asus Prime 370 did in that the port numbers are usually addressed on the board. I'm not saying this is right, I'm saying its probable. Check it out below.

Screen Shot 2022-05-24 at 8.39.11 AM.png

For example the four USB 2.0 Ports on the rear I/O are named USB_E5678. That would tell me HS05, HS06, HS07 , HS08.

Now below it are the two USB 3.0 Ports by the LAN are named LAN2_U32G1_E34. LAN2 would be the lan portion. U32G1_E would be the port type (3.0). Then we see 34. So, my guess would be that this set of ports is HS03, HS04, SS03, SS04.

Then we see LAN1_U32G1_E12...safe to assume this is HS01, HS02, SS01, SS02.

Now we take a look at the 2.0 Headers labeled USB56 and USB78. But we've already used 5, 6, 7, 8 on the rear I/O. My guess is they are sharing controllers.

Next up is the 3.0 Header U32G1_910. Applying the same logic, that would be HS09, HS10, SS09, SS10.

Lets exclude the Type C port for now.

HS01 - 2.0 Blue by Lan 1 (bottom ethernet port)
HS02 - 2.0 Blue by Lan 1 (bottom ethernet port)
HS03 - 2.0 Blue by Lan 2 (upper ethernet port)
HS04 - 2.0 Blue by Lan 2 (upper ethernet port)
HS05 - 2.0 Black on Rear I/O
HS06 - 2.0 Black on Rear I/O
HS07 - 2.0 Black on Rear I/O
HS08 - 2.0 Black on Rear I/O
HS09 - 2.0 for internal 3.0 Header
HS10 - 2.0 for internal 3.0 Header
SS01 - 3.0 Blue by Lan 1 (bottom ethernet port)
SS02 - 3.0 Blue by Lan 1 (bottom ethernet port)
SS03 - 3.0 Blue by Lan 2 (upper ethernet port)
SS04 - 3.0 Blue by Lan 2 (upper ethernet port)
SS09 - 3.0 for internal 3.0 Header
SS10 - 3.0 for internal 3.0 Header

The problem is we shouldn't go over the 15 port limit. However, OpenCore has a quirk that we can temporarily use labeled XhciPortLimit.

This could all be wrong but lets give it test shall we? Here's what we need to do:
  • Disabled USBInjectAll.kext and SSDT-UIAC (if you have them)
  • Disabled your current USBPorts.kext
  • Add my USBPorts.kext to your EFI and Config (attached below)
  • Enabled XhciPortLimit Quirk
  • Clear NVRAM
If it fails to boot its most likely that Quirks fault.

Attachments

• USBPorts.kext.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
The problem is we shouldn't go over the 15 port limit. However, OpenCore has a quirk that we can temporarily use labeled XhciPortLimit.

This could all be wrong but lets give it test shall we? Here's what we need to do:
  • Disabled USBInjectAll.kext and SSDT-UIAC (if you have them)
  • Disabled your current USBPorts.kext
  • Add my USBPorts.kext to your EFI and Config (attached below)
  • Enabled XhciPortLimit Quirk
  • Clear NVRAM
If it fails to boot its most likely that Quirks fault.
I thought that Quirk isn't working anymore !!
from dortania's guide "Disable if running macOS 11.3+"
Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back