Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Prime Z490-A
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
RX 570
Hello,

this is my second hackintosh, so I'm still a noob, because the first one went smooth like butter at the first attempt, using Unibeast, so I didn't get to learn much.

This time:
ASUS Prime Z490-A ATX
Intel Core i7-10700K
Crucial Ballistix BL2K16G32C16U4W 3200 MHz, DDR4, 32GB (16GB x2), CL16

Clover on the installation USB stick made with Unibeast stubbornly refuses to boot, and it gets stuck with the screenshot below.

I have more hardware to throw in the build, like a Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVMe M.2, a Sapphire NITRO+ RX 570 4G G5 and a ThunderboltEX 3-TR expansion card, but I'm waiting to try those to see that I can at least make a minimal setup run. For the moment I temporarily attached a SATA HDD 2TB.

I've read several posts in the forums and I think I took care of all the BIOS settings properly, but it's a forest of options in there, and I'm no gamer/overclocker, so I have no idea what most of those mean. I wonder if I'm missing something.

Has anyone ever successfully installed this setup with basic Unibeast?
Most of the posts I see use OpenCore. Is that better? Should I try that instead?

What should be my next step? How do I figure out what the problem is? What knobs should I try to tweak?
I tried lowering the memory frequency to 2400 (instead of the auto 2666), but no luck, same error.

I'll keep reading and learning, but any hint would be greatly appreciated. I hope I'm just missing something obvious.

Thanks!
Stefano

Attachments

• Boot.jpeg
    Boot.jpeg
    147.8 KB · Views: 40
Mhm... I might have just read on another thread that plain Unibeast won't work on 10th gen.

Mhm... I might have just read on another thread that plain Unibeast won't work on 10th gen.

Yes, I am afraid you can't use Unibeast since you have a system based on Intel 10th generation hardware.

Switch to OpenCore or Clover 5124 and later as bootloader if you want to install and run MacOS on your system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back