Contribute
Register

ASUS prime Z370-A

When I googled this, I found a post that suggested to disable Resizable Bar in the Bios and voila, it works !

I'm glad you were able to figure it out! To be honest, I haven't fiddled with my BIOS settings in so long that I don't even remember there being a Resizable Bar setting in there. :confused:

I'm glad you were able to figure it out! To be honest, I haven't fiddled with my BIOS settings in so long that I don't even remember there being a Resizable Bar setting in there. :confused:
Disabling Resizable Bar really ought to be mentioned along with agdpmod=pikera for Navi cards as you can spend hours, if not days trying to find a solution.

Disabling Resizable Bar really ought to be mentioned along with agdpmod=pikera for Navi cards as you can spend hours, if not days trying to find a solution.

Out of curiosity, I rebooted into my BIOS settings and I couldn't find Resizable BAR. I'm running an older version of the BIOS (2401), however, so that may be the reason. I never updated my BIOS because "why fix it if it ain't broke?" ;)

It also seems to be a bit confusing to me because Resizable BAR appears to only be officially supported on 10th Gen and newer Intel CPUs. I guess ASUS must have back ported the option to our Z370 motherboard. It's also unclear based on my quick internet search whether it should be enabled when mixing/matching Intel CPU's and AMD GPU's. Perhaps that's the reason your combination didn't work? Regardless, I agree that there should be some warning disclaimers about it. At least your troubleshooting efforts will help others seeking answers on the tonymacx86 website. :)

Out of curiosity, I rebooted into my BIOS settings and I couldn't find Resizable BAR. I'm running an older version of the BIOS (2401), however, so that may be the reason.

I'm a compulsive BIOS updater. I'm on 3004. From the ASUS website. See Beta version 3003 for Re-Bar support

Screenshot 2023-11-16 at 18.38.25.jpg

I'm a compulsive BIOS updater. I'm on 3004. From the ASUS website. See Beta version 3003 for Re-Bar support

Wow, I'm seriously out of date if Re-Bar was added back in 2021! ;) On the positive side, my Hackintosh has been impressively stable since I converted to OpenCore to the point that I've never really needed to boot into BIOS. :D

Wow, I'm seriously out of date if Re-Bar was added back in 2021! ;) On the positive side, my Hackintosh has been impressively stable since I converted to OpenCore to the point that I've never really needed to boot into BIOS. :D

@Scimitar

That's great. I have one annoying issue where my login screen resolution is at 1080 whereas my desktop is at 4k.
Would you know how to fix this ?

I have one annoying issue where my login screen resolution is at 1080 whereas my desktop is at 4k.
Would you know how to fix this ?

There are some old posts circa 2010 about this problem on real Macs. You could try to reset NVRAM from the OpenCore boot screen and then manually setting the resolution in Control Center while logged in as an administrator:

There are some old posts circa 2010 about this problem on real Macs. You could try to reset NVRAM from the OpenCore boot screen and then manually setting the resolution in Control Center while logged in as an administrator:

@Scimitar

Tried that and the suggested fixes in the linked posts but no luck. I even tried deleting com.apple.windowserver.plist. When I log out and then log back in, the login screen is at the correct resolution, it's only on first boot that there is a problem.

And weirdly, when I use the iGPU, I get the correct login screen resolution !!!

Last edited:
Tried that and the suggested fixes in the linked posts but no luck. I even tried deleting com.apple.windowserver.plist. When I log out and then log back in, the login screen is at the correct resolution, it's only on first boot that there is a problem.

And weirdly, when I use the iGPU, I get the correct login screen resolution !!!

Hmm, maybe try to manually enter your 4K screen resolution (3840 x2160) in place of "Max" in your config.plist under UEFI > Output > Resolution.

Hmm, maybe try to manually enter your 4K screen resolution (3840 x2160) in place of "Max" in your config.plist under UEFI > Output > Resolution.

I have tried that as well. I was using 3200 x 1800 as my desktop resolution (as the UI is too small @ 4k) so I put 3200 x 1800 in my config and it made no difference,

Back