Contribute
Register

ASUS prime Z370-A

Ahhh, that's what I didn't know !!! Thanks. I think I'll just leave it.

Really? It's a really simple plug swap and you'll have fully functional front panel connectors. If you're really against switching them, I can probably make you a custom USB map.

Is there any other Wi-Fi Bluetooth expansion card that could work with MacOS Sonoma and ASU’s Z370 board or is it just the Fenvi T919 support tha t is broken?

Is there any other Wi-Fi Bluetooth expansion card that could work with MacOS Sonoma and ASU’s Z370 board or is it just the Fenvi T919 support tha t is broken?

Yes but you'll need to be careful to select a card with a supported chipset:

tonymacx86 includes a number of compatible cards in the buyer's guide here:

If you select one of the other cards, then you may need additional kext support specific to that card. The Fenvi T919 card was very popular because it was natively supported by macOS up through Ventura, thus requiring no patching with earlier operating systems. Now that support has been removed from Sonoma, OCLP root patching is now required. Unfortunately, you give up SIP and Filevault support in order to gain the ability to apply root patches.

Really? It's a really simple plug swap and you'll have fully functional front panel connectors. If you're really against switching them, I can probably make you a custom USB map.
Yes you were right again, thank you. I swapped the connector near the two USB 2.0 connectors at the bottom of the board with the one nearest the Sata ports and voila !! (although I did discover a bent pin in that connector which gave me some grief initially.)

Last edited:
@Scimitar I'm thinking of buying a dedicated GPU. Which one would you recommend (I understand only AMD is compatible and not Nvidia??) and do I have to change anything in my config.plist or is it simply plug and play ?

@Scimitar I'm thinking of buying a dedicated GPU. Which one would you recommend (I understand only AMD is compatible and not Nvidia??) and do I have to change anything in my config.plist or is it simply plug and play ?

The thread that Feartech linked to above is the definitive guide for choosing a compatible GPU so I can't offer you any better advice on that front. Out of curiosity though, are you looking for more graphics performance, multi-monitor support, or do you dual boot your system into Windows? I'm not a heavy GPU user so the Intel integrated graphics solution works fine for my use case. Personally, it makes more sense for me to save the money towards a future Apple Silicon Mac mini purchase since Intel CPU support will eventually end.

I'm looking for more graphics performance and I will use the machine for Xcode development etc. It's just a hobby machine and the second hand AMD cards are so cheap anyway. Thanks for all your help.

@Scimitar I have a problem with this system whereby when I shut it down and unplug the power cord from the wall socket, and then 10 minutes later I replug it to the wall socket and turn it back on with the case button, it always forces me to enter the BIOS via F1 and then, without making any changes to the BIOS, it then boots into macOS Sonoma.

However, if I shut it down but leave it connected to the wall socket with the wall switch on, and then turn it back on with the case button, it boots into macOS Sonoma normally.

Any ideas ?

Back