Register

Asus Prime z370-a II mark 2 install issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• 21078.jpg
    21078.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 31
I zoomed out, hopefully you can make heads or tales of the blurr lol.

I can't see anything that would cause it to reboot... Did you video it? Can you post the video of the boot process somewhere?

Is your BIOS set to boot UEFI only?

I can't see anything that would cause it to reboot... Did you video it? Can you post the video of the boot process somewhere?

I will upload to my youtube... I set bios to uefi only, but when I do, it forces secure boot on, so it i set to CSM currently with boot options to UEFI First, double checked all the bios settings, even downgraded the bios on the mobo a couple versions to see if that makes a difference. I moved the RX560 to different pci slot. I am using hdmi, I grabbed a display port monitor from my office today and an i3 cpu. Off the top of your head do you know what would be a good system def for a z370 with an i3 6100 Skylake cpu? Dunno if I should waste time trying to boot with a i3, cuz the entire reason of this build is the i9. Have a rx580 on my windows box, forgot to grab that too... Gunna post video is . second to youtube.

I will upload to my youtube... I set bios to uefi only, but when I do, it forces secure boot on, so it i set to CSM currently with boot options to UEFI First, double checked all the bios settings, even downgraded the bios on the mobo a couple versions to see if that makes a difference. I moved the RX560 to different pci slot. I am using hdmi, I grabbed a display port monitor from my office today and an i3 cpu. Off the top of your head do you know what would be a good system def for a z370 with an i3 6100 Skylake cpu? Dunno if I should waste time trying to boot with a i3, cuz the entire reason of this build is the i9. Have a rx580 on my windows box, forgot to grab that too... Gunna post video is . second to youtube.

Z370, I would use either iMac18,x or iMac19,1 or iMacPro1,1 (if IGPU is disabled/unavailable).

I don't know if Skylake is compatible with Z370 without a BIOS mod...

A known macOS compatible RX 580 may be more helpful than swapping CPUs.

Here is the video, verbose and disable reboot have been entered, just did not record that part....

Here is the video, verbose and disable reboot have been entered, just did not record that part....

Hmm... I don't see any errors that I recognize...

Just a shot in the dark... Please try adding "agdpmod=pikera" to config.plist > Boot > Arguments.

Screen Shot 2020-01-19 at 4.21.26 PM.png

Again, if you can swap in the RX580, it may help...

Just a shot in the dark... Please try adding "agdpmod=pikera" to config.plist > Boot > Arguments.

View attachment 445734

I found a guy who has same board, tried his efi that has that on there and it still does it. I am gunna grab my 580 tomorrow and try it. The 560 works with my other hack, maybe just not with this board.... Thank you for all the help and advice.

View attachment 445734

Does a RX480 still work with catalina? I got one of those laying around, 8GB and tried that, same reboot issue at same point. (Didnt change any settings in SMBios or kexts) It worked with my amd hackintosh with 10.15.1 before I pulled it out.

Does a RX480 still work with catalina? I got one of those laying around, 8GB and tried that, same reboot issue at same point. (Didnt change any settings in SMBios or kexts) It worked with my amd hackintosh with 10.15.1 before I pulled it out.

I'm not sure... Don't see many users with that card anymore...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back