Asus B250 Prime Plus
CPU
i7 7700k
Graphics
GTX 1050TI
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hello everybody,
I've got a problem with this motherboard and audio chipset (ALC 887) with Sierra installation.
I've tried to patch AppleHDA with Toleda's method, it seems to recognize ALC 887 and Layout ID 1 and patched successfully, but after restart in Preferences > Sound I see outputs but doesn't work.
I also noticed that when I tried to play a video after patching audio not working.

Have you any experience about this motherboard and this problem?

Thx

Last edited:
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

Ok i edited my signature.
I've an update: I put AppleALC.kext and Lilu.kext in my EFI partition in /kexts/10.12 and HDAEnabler1.kext in S/L/E.
Audio works very well, but system loading is very slow.
Do you have any suggestions?

UPDATE: HDAEnabler1.kext is not important, when I removed the kext from S/L/E audio works and system loading is fast.
In attachment I put a zip with kext used in EFI/kexts/10.12 for Audio without patching AppleHDA and without kernel and kext patches in Clover.

Attachments

• CloverAudioKextsB250.zip
    546.6 KB · Views: 404
Last edited:
How did you even install Mac OS on that board? I've tried everything and all that happens is, that I just get stuck at the very beginning of the booting process

How did you even install Mac OS on that board? I've tried everything and all that happens is, that I just get stuck at the very beginning of the booting process

Hi NetBurst! I didn't see your messages until now. If you can't figure out how to solve problems I can upload a zip archive contains all of the kext, Clover configurations and fix for audio for this mobo.

Hi NetBurst! I didn't see your messages until now. If you can't figure out how to solve problems I can upload a zip archive contains all of the kext, Clover configurations and fix for audio for this mobo.

That would be awesome! Mind you, I have a Pentium G4600 installed, and I'm not sure if that'll work in Mac OS or if it will be just treated like a Core i3/ Dual Core i5

That would be awesome! Mind you, I have a Pentium G4600 installed, and I'm not sure if that'll work in Mac OS or if it will be just treated like a Core i3/ Dual Core i5

I don't know about Pentium G4600, in my configuration I put i7 7700k and it works very well, your processor is kaby lake so I think that it's only important set FakeCpuID = 0x0506E3 .

Anyway for me it's very simple the configuration with this mobo.

First of all: in the Bios be sure in section "My favorites" that Launch CSM is disabled. If it's enabled macOS Sierra not start.

After you install Clover (I installed rev. 4077) you can use the CLOVER Folder that I put in attachment, you can replace in your EFI partition the folder CLOVER.
Inside Clover there are 3 different config.plist

- config.plist (default) is a configuration for using Zotac Nvdia GTX 1050TI with web driver of Nvidia: if you have a video card Nvidia with Pascal like me works like a charm, remember to install also official driver 378.05.05.15f01 you can find here:
http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/119315/en-us

- config_gt210.plist is configuration for using old Nvidia videocard, for example previously I had GT210 and it works very well

- config_intel.plist is configuration for using internal video card (Intel HD 630)

Inside Clover/kexts/10.12/other there are 3 important kexts:

- Lilu.kext
- AppleALC.kext
- NvidiaGraphicsFixUp.kext

The first two are very important for me for using internal audio card ALC887.
The third is only important if you have a configuration with Nvidia Pascal, otherwise you can fairly remove.

Finally I installed inside System/Library/Extensions FakeSMC.kext and RealtekRTL8111.kext (for network).

Hope it is useful for you, if you any question I am at your disposal.

Attachments

• PrimeB250Plus.zip
    2 MB · Views: 538
Thanks alot Mate. Well I'm using a Geforce GTX 780 Ti, if that doesn't work I'll try it with the intergrated driver. I'll let you know how far I am and if I'm able to get sierra on my machine :thumbup:

So I made everything as you said, but unfortunately, I'm in a Boot Loop it seems that my CPU is really not Mac compatible

So I made everything as you said, but unfortunately, I'm in a Boot Loop it seems that my CPU is really not Mac compatible
Have you tried booting MacOs Sierra in verbose mode to see what happens?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back