Graphics
GTX 680
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Broke my usb turtle beach headset so I have to go back to the old 3.5mm jack headset. Just to find out that it doesn't work. I researched and found out my board uses ALC898 so I went into multibeast and chose Drivers And Bootloaders > Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALC8xx > Without DSDT > ALC898 and it still will not work? Can someone help me?

I researched and found out my board uses ALC898 so I went into multibeast and chose Drivers And Bootloaders > Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALC8xx > Without DSDT > ALC898 and it still will not work? Can someone help me?
Is any onboard audio working?

Plug and play headsets worked, but I don't believe that is what you were talking about as thats not on board. I did find a guide, and it seems to have fixed it partially. Now I can use the audio jack on the front panel. But I have a set of Creative T40's plugged in on the back and they don't seem to be picked up.

Ports:
Headphones
Line Out
Line Out
Digital Out

Guide I used:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/50491-interim-alc898-edited-lion-applehda-kext-26.html

What I did:
Downloaded the attachement and put the AppleHDA.kext into S/L/E/

Any thoughts? I don't know much about the audio on a mac its nothing like windows as it looks as if ports are all default there instead of when I plug in a new device it comes up as a different port.

Plug and play headsets worked, but I don't believe that is what you were talking about as thats not on board. I did find a guide, and it seems to have fixed it partially. Now I can use the audio jack on the front panel. But I have a set of Creative T40's plugged in on the back and they don't seem to be picked up.

Any thoughts? I don't know much about the audio on a mac its nothing like windows as it looks as if ports are all default there instead of when I plug in a new device it comes up as a different port.
Headphones mute the rear green port. If your headphones work, you have 898 onboard audio. Unplug the headphones for the T40's. Line outs are the Orange and Black ports respectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back