Contribute
Register

ASUS p8z77-v pro/thunderbolt PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte z87
CPU
i7 4790k
Graphics
nVidia GTX 980TI
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys, I'm new at this and am having trouble.
I've already created the unibeast usb stick, installed OS 10.8.2 on my hard drive, but after that I can't seem to figure out what the problem is. After installation, I ran multibeast with a dsdt i found on here for a p8z77-v pro.

After multibeast installation, I get the kernel panic at startup and machine won't boot.

My specs:
asus p8z77-v pro/thunderbolt
i-7 3.4ghz
32gigs ram
ati radeon 5770hd... (not currently in the computer)

Can anyone possibly guide me in the right direction to get this bad boy working correctly?

You could try flashing the bios with the usb flashback feature. Use the matching bios on this page:
http://biosrepo.wordpress.com/asus/z77/

Next use recommended bios settings (search this site)
Next do a clean unibeast install and then run multi beast without a dsdt. Choose appropriate sound and nic settings and see what happens. Also don't load up all the Ram when doing this. 1 4 or 8 gb stick is enough. I'm also assuming you are installing with HD 4000 graphics courtesy of the 3770.

dont use a dsdt for the the v-pro. its a different board to yours.

dont use a dsdt for the the v-pro. its a different board to yours.

Hi Samisnake, Is it possible to get these P8Z77 boards fully functional without using any DSDT, as with the Z77 Gigabyte boards ? Not clear on this. Also is the Intel 82579V Lan chipset on the V Pro TB working with Customacs?

Thanks for your input,

TRS

yep to both.

use hnak's appleintel1000e kext (available on hnak's sourceforge page, or in multibeast) to get lan working

Hey guys, I'm new at this and am having trouble.
I've already created the unibeast usb stick, installed OS 10.8.2 on my hard drive, but after that I can't seem to figure out what the problem is. After installation, I ran multibeast with a dsdt i found on here for a p8z77-v pro.

After multibeast installation, I get the kernel panic at startup and machine won't boot.

My specs:
asus p8z77-v pro/thunderbolt
i-7 3.4ghz
32gigs ram
ati radeon 5770hd... (not currently in the computer)

Can anyone possibly guide me in the right direction to get this bad boy working correctly?

Any news on this build?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back