Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
asus p8z77-v lx, os x 10.13.
CPU
i5-3570k
Graphics
gigabyte gtx 660 ti oc
hi folks,

i have an asus p8z77-v lx mobo and have 2-channel sound properly working with multibeast "no-dsdt acl887" option.
i wondered about not having 5.1-sound and searched this forum. since the board has 3 port audio, i tried to install multibeast 5.2.0 with the options "no-dsdt acl887 + optional 3 port audio enabler", as was suggested here. however, when i check my system report and ioregexplorer i still have "audio id 1" and 5.1 is not working.

i know i somehow have to change "audio id 1" to "audio id 2" (i had hoped this was done by 3 port audio enabler option in multibeast) and afterwards use the guide "how to enable 5.1-channel analogue audio in os x".

i appreciate any suggestions on how to work that around.
thanks in advance!

I tried to install multibeast 5.2.0 with the options "no-dsdt acl887 + optional 3 port audio enabler", as was suggested here. however, when i check my system report and ioregexplorer i still have "audio id 1" and 5.1 is not working.
Verify S/L/E/HDAEnabler2.kext. If present, remove S/L/E/HDAEnabler1.kext and any other HDAEnabler???.kext. Fix permissions and cache. Restart. Attach a copy of IOReg. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg.

thanks for your help so far!
did what you suggested: left
HDAEnabler2.kext in S/L/E/, removed S/L/E/HDAEnabler1.kext, no other HDAEnabler??? found. fixed permissions and cache + reboot.

now i got "audio id 2" shown in system report + ioregexplorer but there's still only 2 channels. audio-midi-setup shows no further options.

------

/// update:

that removal of S/L/E/HDAEnabler1.kext must have made it!
i forgot: "Audio ID: 2 configures the blue input to a black output and the pink input to a orange output."

plugged my surround system in correctly and here we go! thank you very much for your help!

I can't see how to private message you.
Question: Do you know where i can find an 10.13 installation guide for your asus p8z77-v lx motherboard?
Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back