Contribute
Register

Asus P8Z77-M Pro Users with HD4000 Need Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
My suggestion is:
Do a clean installation again but connect the monitor/TV to the DVI port (DVI to HDMI). First check the settings in the uefi like in the thread you linked in the first post here (Z77 mATX...).
After that use the latest multibeast and tick only this options:

- userDSDT or DSDTfree (without using any dsdt)
- drivers => Audio => Realtek ALC8xx => without dsdt => ALC892
- drivers => Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81x...

+ there is an option for 1080p in Multibeast (don't know exactly) as well. Try to tick this also.

That's all and nothing more. Reboot and see what happens. If everything runs great you can still choose trim in multibeast. But before try the above mentioned. Just do see if the gpu is running well.

Do a clean instal and select from the multibeast menu--- easy beast instal-- (not the user dsdt like u did) yes audio is ok and the last chimera,use the dvi or hdmi port.
Remember i got the same processor and a Asrock z77 motherboard (not gygabite) this worked for me and will work for you.

Hi Huberer.
Your method is what i did at first time and it worked good except for the resolution problem i have described at first post. I will try it again with the new option.
Thanks for de advice. ;)

Hi Boje.
Thanks for the info. I will try also this method. I hope to have luck.
What is the different between easybest and user dsdt ? On the first post link several users don't recommended to me easybeast solution (Zenbr post for example) but i don't know why.

Thank to both for the help. :)

Sorry Seahawk, but I messed up the sequence of the install. The editing of chameleon.boot.plist is done AFTER the Multibeast install, not before. Then you will find the /Extra folder and the chameleon file to edit. If you had completed the Multibeast install completely as per the screenshot, then done the chameleon file edits all should have been well. I did note extra spaces you put into your edit, which I would remove (may prevent it working). Also, selecting UserDSDT or DSDT-Free a second time would have caused the standard chameleon file to have removed your edits.
If you find later find it necessary to add kexts or to run Multibeast again to choose further options it is best to go to Disk Utility in Applications, choose the drive you are installing to and Repair Permissions, before rebooting. Note that on subsequent uses Multibeast does not remove options previously installed, just adds whatever is now selected.
A detailed install guide to follow is that of Going Bald, which is with an Asus P8Z77-i. Audio and Network are different to the P8Z77-M-Pro, but it is well detailed. At this stage only go down to the step where he says "Reboot and enjoy".
Again, sorry, please forgive me if I have caused you another clean install.

Note, specifying the graphics mode at 1920x1080x32 resolved my garbled display for me.

I have also altered my previous post accordingly, so no-one else gets the incorrect install sequence.

Well most of the guys here use Gigabyte motherboards and custom DSDT for them (look at DSDT in the menu here)you and me we use Asrock and Asus and we don't got custom DSDT so we will use the tonymac easybeast DSDT from multibeast.
When you will select easybeast it will autoinstall the right things for your system to work,you will need to select manual: audio and system definition imac 12.2.
This is what i did and its worked for me and it will work for you too.

ozbrit72
The important thing is that you're helping me with the problem.
Do not worry for that. This works by trial and error.
It is also the first time I use SSD and the installation is very fast compared to the hard disk. :)
Also I am a newbie and I'm learning as fast as I can.
This week is bad for me because I'm with exams, but the weekend finally I will work exclusively on this spending more time.
While using the free time I can.

I'll take a look at the post of Going Bald that I have saved to bookmarks.

Boje
OK. I'll try to see how it goes with both methods. I hope to have sucess finally. Thanks. ;)

Seahawk: If you use the latest Multibeast 5.1.2 just released, there is indeed now a 1080p Display option, under Boot Options. This saves a step so editing of org.chameleon.boot.plist is not needed.
See Tonymac's Official Customac Mini 2012 Guide and Notes, released on 13th Oct. which gives the basic Multibeast options to choose.
If you later on decide you need HDaudio, a dsdt for your system is simple to extract using DSDT Editor, and Toleda's guide is great though take a bit of getting your head around it.
Hope the exams go well for you.

Hello again guys.

Finally I have get with sucess to activate the HD4000 with good 1080P resolution and no distorsion image. I am very happy.

By order I tested with the 3 methods you told me earlier. I started experimenting with the ozbrit72 method and this time it was perfect.

Now I have created a second user for my father. He needs higher resolution than me on the screen, but if I change the resolution the image becomes to be distorted again.

Then I decided to change the resolution to 1600x900 for the two users including the boot.plist edit to 1600x900x32 but the same thing happens.

I think this method only works with 1080P and no for other resolutions.

Coming soon prove with DVI to HDMI adapter to see if I can change between different resolutions without problems and eventually will do the same with the GTX 660.

I will comment the process if I get sucess.
In conclusion, thank so much guys: ozbrit72, Huberer and bogie for the invaluable help given to me :)

Regards.

Hi Seahawk
Unless you have put a dsdt on the desktop (perhaps obtained from this site for your motherboard), it is a dsdt-free install. So that is what you did if you followed my steps. No EasyBeast. To add HDAudio a dsdt IS needed, so at that stage you extract a dsdt from your motherboard and settings using DSDT Editor, as a starting point. A dsdt from another source may not be correct, as it may for example have had a different bios to you.
So, you don't have a dsdt but it is simple to get it, when needed.
For your current editing of org.chameleon.boot.plist a dsdt is not needed. Yes, add the blue text from leblond3945 in Text Edit, use resolution of 1920x1080x32 and add npci=0x3000. Doublecheck you have no errors or extra spaces, and save.
Reboot and try other resolutions.

Hi all again.
Despite having an exam tomorrow, I could not resist to spend a little time testing mountain lion. ;)

I have good news.
To begin taking advantage that i had installed and working mountain lion, I tried to modify the boot.plist adding:

First Test:
<key>HD4000PlatformId</ key>
<string>5</ string>
NPCI=0x3000<string>darkwake=0</string>

Ozbrit72, It is true that I can switch between resolutions perfectly :), good, but when i reboot the system the image is distorted again. The only resolution that works perfect if I reboot the system is 1080P.

Second Test:
I used the DVI to HDMI adapter to insert the code that le blond3945 send to us:
7f0000000100000001000000730000000200000002 <string> 010c00d041030a000000000101060000027fff04002c000000 4100410050004c002c00690067002d0070006c006100740066 006f0072006d002d0069006400000008000000050062011400 00006800640061002d0067006600780000000d0000006f6e62 6f6172642d31 </ string>

He was in right. I admit it.I It works perfect. Thanks le blond3945 ;)
Now I can change resolutions and restart without problems.

Last Test:
I will try with the le blond3945 dsdt. I will tell you how it gone.

Any questions please.
If I finally decide to forget the HDMI and use the dvi, then I have to use the motherboard audio connectors to connect to the HDTV.

- Is that true?
- DSDT not need it?
- The audio of the motherboard has the same quality as HDMI or below.

By the way, I have the Nvidia GTX 660 Twin Frozr. It's beautiful and bigger. Hope it works perfectly. I will discuss my progress soon.

Greetings and thanks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back