Contribute
Register

Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe - "Before you begin" Connect keyboard...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going Bald said:
blammm said:
Almost got mine to work...i followed ur setup until step 6 install both bridgehelper and multibeast but left out "Edit resolution in org.chameleon.Boot.plist and then copy it and smbios.plist to /Extra (Files posted by Going Bald above)" cause i'm using a z77 v pro board. followed your multibeast set up except i used ALC892.

so when i reboot it went into kernel panic. soo any ideas what i did wrong other then step 6???

BTW i'm using 3770k 16gb lp vengance and a GTX 670. yes i know 670 is not supported yet but the display is plug in via onboard graphics for now.
Try to step 6, change to Multibeast:
- UserDSDT
- System Utilites
- non-DSDT HDAEnabler for ALC892
- patched AppleHDA for ALC892
- Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext - 10.7.4 Ivy Bridge
- hnak's AppleIntelE1000
and install

My setup is nearly identical, which dsdt are you supposed to use?

Is anyone running BridgeHelper 5.0 with a P8Z77 based board yet?

I haven't tried installing it yet since updating to 10.7.4, but I got kernel panics when I installed it beforehand.

Kinsy said:
Is anyone running BridgeHelper 5.0 with a P8Z77 based board yet?

I haven't tried installing it yet since updating to 10.7.4, but I got kernel panics when I installed it beforehand.
Yes, I am running it on the P8Z77-I.

kingkazma said:
if I were to make my own DSDT however, is there anything to watch out for or is it an automated processes?
if you use the patcher from oarila.com, the process is automated.

I have configured my bios identically to Going's and installed UniBeast 1.4.0 and Bridge Helper 4.01 on a USB drive. I installed Lion 10.7.4 on my SSD and it went off without a hitch. However, I had named both the USB drive and my SSD 'macos'. When I ran the remove kernel script in Terminal, it came back saying the file did not exist. I renamed the SSD macos1 but had the same result.

So, of course, I can't boot to the SSD, but feel challenged where to proceed from here.

I'm looking for a few good ideas.

do33grs said:
I have configured my bios identically to Going's and installed UniBeast 1.4.0 and Bridge Helper 4.01 on a USB drive. I installed Lion 10.7.4 on my SSD and it went off without a hitch. However, I had named both the USB drive and my SSD 'macos'. When I ran the remove kernel script in Terminal, it came back saying the file did not exist. I renamed the SSD macos1 but had the same result.

So, of course, I can't boot to the SSD, but feel challenged where to proceed from here.

I'm looking for a few good ideas.
Did you do this?
4. Reboot, boot from stick, remove kernel via terminal: rm /Volume/THE_DRIVE/mach_kernel
5. Reboot, try boot from hard drive - "Can't find" error, then choose USB stick.

Success! I've also managed to port my vm's into the mix. Thank you everybody!

Hi all.
First, sorry for my english. I'm noob with the idiom, but i am learning.

I wanted to buy a mac mini to complement with my Imac 27, but the 256 MB dedicated graphic are a problem to play games like GTA 4.
Im thinking to made an Ivy Bridge Hackintosh gamer. I know that i must waiting for Mountain Lion Release to know if new motherboards and cpus wild be compatible or no.

For the case, i like silverstone FT03 but my parents think it look like a trash. I don't concur. They like the BitFenix Prodigy but the problem is the motherboard must be mini itx.

For now if i am in right, the unique mini ITX Ivy Bridge motherboards compatibles are Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe and Asrock 77M-itx ¿right?

I want to play some games and mini itx isn't the best solution, but i think Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe could be the best option to play decently and expansion possibility in the near future.

You can say if this configuration is posible if i follow the instructions on the post:
Case: Bitfenix Prodigy
Mobo: Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe
CPU: ¿I don't Know? Core I3 2120 or Core I5 2500K or Core I5 3450
Ram: 8 GB Corsair Vengeance XMP PC3-12800 DDR3 1600 8GB 2x4GB CL9 Memoria DDR3
GPU: ¿I don't Know? Nvidia (GTX550 Ti or GTX 560) or Radeon (HD 7750 or 7770)
HD: WD Caviar Green 2 TB (or 2x1TB for Dualboot Mountain Lion and Windows 7)

It's important for me a few things:
- Use it as mediacenter with Audio by HDMI ¿It's possible?
- Use Logitech Dinovo Mini as Keyboard with official Bluetooth stick
- Dual boot Mountain Lion (For Principal SO) and windows 7 (For Games) ¿use 1 or 2 HD?

Sorry for post here if is not the adecuate place.
Greetings and Thanks to all. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back