Contribute
Register

Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe - "Before you begin" Connect keyboard...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a system with motherboard Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe that I plan to install Mac OS X. I made a USB installation stick with Lion 10.7.4, Unibeast 1.4.0 and BridgeHelper 5.0. The installation worked great and then changed the kernel. Then I booted on the USB stick to boot the installed Mac OS X. Loading works great but I get a message "Before you begin..." and then goes on that I have to connect a keyboard.

I have tested with a normal "Windows keyboard" and Mac keyboard but no difference. I have tested to boot and disconnect the keyboard after choosing to load Mac OS X from hard drive and then connect it when screen pops up, but that didn't work. I also tested to connect the Apple keyboard when message came when the "Windows keyboard" already was connected from boot.

I do not know what to do. Any tips or tricks out there?

Is your keyboard plugged in to a USB 3.0 port? If so move to USB 2.0

I have tested USB3 and USB2 ports.

The USB3 ports are not from a separate chip but integrated in Z77 chipset. I installed Mac OS X via a USB3 memory stick from a USB3 port.

This happened to me on identical board with UniBeast + BridgeHelper 5.
Remade the USB with BH 4 and the problem went away.
Found best way was to follow tonymacx86's original step 10 after deleting the mach_kernel on the install on the first reboot (step 9)

tonymacx86 said:
10. Reboot from UniBeast-created USB drive, choose Lion. It will say can't find mach_kernel, and bounce you back. Now choose USB drive again, and it will boot to your new Lion installation.

When I did this it took me straight into setup.

Going Bald said:
This happened to me on identical board with UniBeast + BridgeHelper 5.
Remade the USB with BH 4 and the problem went away.
Found best way was to follow tonymacx86's original step 10 after deleting the mach_kernel on the install on the first reboot (step 9)

tonymacx86 said:
10. Reboot from UniBeast-created USB drive, choose Lion. It will say can't find mach_kernel, and bounce you back. Now choose USB drive again, and it will boot to your new Lion installation.

When I did this it took me straight into setup.
You install with UniBeast 1.4.0 and BridgeHelper 4.0.1 on a USB stick. Boot from stick, install Mac OS X, boot from stick and go to installation again, remove kernel, reboot and boot from stick but choose installed Mac OS X and get a error. Reboot and boot from stick and choose drive again and the system is up and running?

Do you install BH 5 after that?

UPDATE:
I did read your text wrong some how first.

I did a stick with BH4.0.1 and it worked. After that I installed Lion I installed BH5 and rebooted. Keyboard and mouse stopped working. Reinstallation needed (Easiest trick.)

I removed kernel and rebooted and tried to boot on Lion installation and got the message "Can't find" and nothing more. Choosing USB stick after that message booted the Lion installation. I think that is a little weird, I choose USB and system boot installed Lion.

I am now playing with BH4.0.1 installation and getting the right settings in Multibeast to enable audio and network. I would be glad to get included BT working.

It's interesting that BridgeHelper 5.0.0 do not work.

SMHI said:
You install with UniBeast 1.4.0 and BridgeHelper 4.0.1 on a USB stick. Boot from stick, install Mac OS X, boot from stick and go to installation again, remove kernel, reboot and boot from stick but choose installed Mac OS X and get a error. Reboot and boot from stick and choose drive again and the system is up and running?

install with UniBeast 1.4.0 and BridgeHelper 4.0.1 on a USB stick. --yes
Boot from stick, install Mac OS X, --yes
boot from stick and go to installation again, remove kernel, reboot --yes
boot from stick but choose installed Mac OS X icon and get a error. --yes
No mach_kernel error kicks you back to Chimera icon screen, choose USB icon, hit enter and the system is up an goes to setup
When user setup complete, choose start using Lion now. Run BridgeHelper 5 and MultiBeast

Going Bald said:
SMHI said:

install with UniBeast 1.4.0 and BridgeHelper 4.0.1 on a USB stick. --yes
Boot from stick, install Mac OS X, --yes
boot from stick and go to installation again, remove kernel, reboot --yes
boot from stick but choose installed Mac OS X icon and get a error. --yes
No mach_kernel error kicks you back to Chimera icon screen, choose USB icon, hit enter and the system is up an goes to setup
When user setup complete, choose start using Lion now. Run BridgeHelper 5 and MultiBeast
I did just this.

In MultiBeast I did choose these alternatives:
- System Utilites
- ALC8xxHDA
- AppleHDA rollback
- non DSDT enabler for ALC898
- IOAHCBlockStorageInjector
- fakesmc
- fakesmc plugin - Motherboard
- Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext - 10.7.4 Ivy Bridge
- hnak's network
- Chimera bootloader

After reboot it boot up as normal but keyboard and mouse do not work. When I played with Multibeast and these worked fine, only tested audio.

BH 5 stops me from using keyboard and mouse, every time it is installed.

i guess this may help you, i did experience the same problem you did.
i am using asus maximus v gene.

remember to disable asmedia usb 3.0 at bios.(you can enable it after)

unibeast 1.3, Bridgehelper 5.0

install went well with this setting keyboard and mouse in usb 2.0 port
2.jpg

here is when you get the error when you first boot up to your lion drive
unable to find keyboard, reboot go to bios setting disable EHCI
3.jpg

once you booted into osx, run bridge helper 5.0 again and multibeast to patch your ivybridge appleintelpowermanagment.kext

you should be able to reboot and test your usb port now with this setting
1.jpg

usb 2.0 port work, intel usb 3.0 ports only recognize usb 3.0 device front and back port, asmedia usb 3.0 doesn't work.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 612
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 778
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 595
yodaoh said:
i guess this may help you, i did experience the same problem you did.
i am using asus maximus v gene.

remember to disable asmedia usb 3.0 at bios.(you can enable it after)

unibeast 1.3, Bridgehelper 5.0

install went well with this setting keyboard and mouse in usb 2.0 port
2.jpg

here is when you get the error when you first boot up to your lion drive
unable to find keyboard, reboot go to bios setting disable EHCI
3.jpg

once you booted into osx, run bridge helper 5.0 again and multibeast to patch your ivybridge appleintelpowermanagment.kext

you should be able to reboot and test your usb port now with this setting
1.jpg

usb 2.0 port work, intel usb 3.0 ports only recognize usb 3.0 device front and back port, asmedia usb 3.0 doesn't work.
I did a test where keyboard and mouse in Mac OS X didn't work. I rebooted, disabled Asmedia USB 3 and then keyboard and mouse worked. If Asmedia is the problem I do not know 100% but special optimizing things tend to give problems in general.

Will try some more.

EDIT.
It seems that the system works a lot better when Intel xHCI Mode, EHCI Hand-Off (Disabled by default in BIOS and I do not ever change it) and Asmedia USB 3 is disabled. If enabled I have problem booting from USB stick, I get keyboard and mouse message and other annoying things.

Now I have tested some times and get the same result.
Optmise BIOS and disable: Intel xHCI Mode, EHCI Hand-Off (Disabled by default in BIOS and I do not ever change it) and Asmedia USB 3.
USB stick with UniBeast 1.4.0 and BridgeHelper 4.0.1.
Install from stick.
Reboot, boot from disk, remove kernel via terminal.
Reboot, try boot from hard drive - Can't find error, then choose USB stick.
In Lion I install BridgeHelper 5.0.0 and Multibeast.
Reboot, keyboard and mouse do not work.

Multibeast:
- System Utilites
- ALC8xxHDA
- AppleHDA rollback
- non DSDT enabler for ALC898
- IOAHCBlockStorageInjector
- fakesmc
- fakesmc plugin - Motherboard
- Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext - 10.7.4 Ivy Bridge
- hnak's network
- Chimera bootloader
- Boot loader theme, tonymacx86 classic.

I will test a USB stick with UniBeast 1.4.0 and BridgeHelper 5.0.0 and see how well it works.

Other thing. I have never got the graphics card to work, it is always in 1024x768, even when BridgeHelper 5.0.0 is installed and when keyboard+mouse do not work.

Any tip or tricks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back