i7-3770K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
does anyone have of a working dsdt.aml file (bios 0606) where sleep/wake is working for this MB in 10.7?

i've tried multitude of methods -- auto patcher, dsdt editor -- to extract/patch a DSDT file for my setup to get sleep (sleeps ok but won't wake up). any other course of action?

thanks in advance.

-dh-

problems with sleep can be as much the graphics card as it is the mobo.
it is likely that your gfx card isnt sleep friendly. i have the same thing with a 4870.

true. i'm still using the 9400GT from my old Q6600 system running 10.6.8. sleep didn't work on the abit board either.

are they any sleep-"friendly" graphics cards? radeon or nvidia?

much appreciated.

-dh-

for what it's worth, i took out the 9400GT and used the intel graphics HD3000 on the motherboard. i was able connect via the DVI port only - both VGA and HDMI would get stuck on boot up. I'd read somewhere the HDMI is a known issue, but no the VGA.

anyways, i tried the DSDT editor method again, but still no wake from sleep. DSDT auto patcher DB is off line. will try again later.

dh22r said:
for what it's worth, i took out the 9400GT and used the intel graphics HD3000 on the motherboard. i was able connect via the DVI port only - both VGA and HDMI would get stuck on boot up. I'd read somewhere the HDMI is a known issue, but no the VGA.

anyways, i tried the DSDT editor method again, but still no wake from sleep. DSDT auto patcher DB is off line. will try again later.

I have also problems with VGA, only DVI works at the moment. Haven't tried HDMI yet.

I have HD3000 as my main graphics

dh22r .. thanks for the heads up, got my sleep works too by using the intel network driver..

Hi. Is it possible you share your final DSDT file? THanks.

Finnish said:
dh22r said:

I have also problems with VGA, only DVI works at the moment. Haven't tried HDMI yet.

I have HD3000 as my main graphics

VGA is not supported by OSX, no point to waste your time with it. Macs have not had a
VGA connection in years therefore Apple does not care about your VGA needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back