Contribute
Register

Asus P8Z68-V PRO, i7 2600K, Diamond HD 5870 (SL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
New set of problems :p Probably my fault for trying such a complicated setup. I am dual booting win 7 and OS X and using the Nvidia GPU so I am trying to follow the guide you posted but combining it with the Nvidia guide (http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/11/ ... -os-x.html) and the dual boot guide (http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2009/11/ ... -snow.html).

Once I have installed update helper I reboot, then I install the 10.6.8 combo update, then multibeast selecting easybeast, chameleon, the network kext you mentioned and system utilites. I then install the Nvidia package and reboot.

My new problems:
After the combo update Safari crashes on most web pages and I have to force it to close. Opera web browser works fine though.

I can't get OSX full screen, the Nvidia drivers seem to make no difference.

Chameleon does not recognise Windows 7, I have to erase snow leopard to boot win 7.

I suppose I will overcome the above eventually but for now I have had to erase OSX as I need access to win 7 for day to day office use. OSX was to be an additional luxury. Will start from scratch when I get time, just glad I can now get into OSX!

AK47UK said:
New set of problems :p Probably my fault for trying such a complicated setup. I am dual booting win 7 and OS X and using the Nvidia GPU so I am trying to follow the guide you posted but combining it with the Nvidia guide (http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/11/ ... -os-x.html) and the dual boot guide (http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2009/11/ ... -snow.html).

Once I have installed update helper I reboot, then I install the 10.6.8 combo update, then multibeast selecting easybeast, chameleon, the network kext you mentioned and system utilites. I then install the Nvidia package and reboot.

My new problems:
After the combo update Safari crashes on most web pages and I have to force it to close. Opera web browser works fine though.

I can't get OSX full screen, the Nvidia drivers seem to make no difference.

Chameleon does not recognise Windows 7, I have to erase snow leopard to boot win 7.

I suppose I will overcome the above eventually but for now I have had to erase OSX as I need access to win 7 for day to day office use. OSX was to be an additional luxury. Will start from scratch when I get time, just glad I can now get into OSX!

AK47UK you got down the most difficult part which was to boot up and have 10.6.8 up and running....but your video card is killing me :( Check if at Nekas has a solution for you http://netkas.org/?cat=13

For Dual booting I'm sure you have read a lot but try this link:http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2012/01/tonymacx86-public-service-announcement.html

Yesterday I spent all day on this. I decided to upgrade to Lion and then fix the problems after. I followed your guide using xmove and successfully booted to the lion install screen and to my amazement it was full screen and high resolution. The problem was my Logitech wired USB keyboard and mouse would not work.

Power was going to both (numlock light illuminated and laser lit on mouse) but pressing numlock would not turn the light off so both were unresponsive. I tried waiting up to 10 mins like other users but no use. I tried switching USB ports but no power would go to the devices then. I then used multibeast to install iousbrollbackfamily kext to the installer partition but this made no difference.

I then started from scratch by erasing snow leopard partition and installing 10.6 again, then helper, then combo update then multibeast but only selected easybeast (to test if any Kexts had prevented mouse and keyboard). Still didn't work.

I read one post which claims Logitech kexts helped but I can't find any. It's a deluxe 250 keyboard.

I then tried the unibeast method and could not boot to the USB, kept stalling at waiting for root device no matter which USB port I used or boot flag.

Bit more progress. I thought it was down to kexts and I was right.

as the kb and mouse worked fine in snow leopard I copied the IOUSBFamily.kext and IOUSBMassStorage.kext file form the sl install to the installer partition. For some reason the install partition didn't have a IOUSBMassStorage.kext. rebooted to installer and the keyboard works :D No mouse yet but can deal with that later. I might lose functionality again once Lion installs but I can start from scratch if that happens.

For some reason my graphics are not filling the entire screen on the Lion installer whereas they were before. At least I know I can have full resolution, just the case of finding out how to do it!

I hope by me posting these updates I can help others if they meet the same problems as me.

I managed to get full screen graphics and the mouse and keyboard working in the Lion installer, it installed fine and full screen graphics on the desktop but the mouse and keyboard stoped responding. I had already installed teamviewer so I remotely accessed the Lion install and followed the blog guide for multibeast. I installed the custom DSTD for the P8Z68-V pro mobo and on reboot there was a kernel panic, it said something about com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement. I tried using Multibeast on my netbook running SL to install the Null kext for CPUPower and USB but still had the panic. For some reason I couldn't boot to the installer to install Lion again :evil:

So I have wiped it all again, just installed SL but the combo update is taking hours to download this time. I will be installing Lion, then using DriveimageXML to image the partition then I will play with it to get everything configured. I'm happy to spend the time on it as long as I make progress, when I get stuck at the same point each time it's hard to keep patient.

Hi,

I've never been so frustrated with an OS install before. I've spent the past 4 days trying to get my hackintosh up and ready.

Followed all the instructions. Tried different user variations. None would work.

Completed the following steps:
Run UpdateHelper & restart
Install Update Combo, do not resart
Install Multibeast options:
---- Easybeast
---- System Utilities
---- AppleIntelE1000e Ethernet & restart

After the combo update, once it boots into the grey/white apple logo screen, it shows it's small circle loading and then the display turns black.
The system does not reset or anything. It stays black until I press the reset button.

Could you please help me out.

System specs:
Intel i7 2600k
Asus P8Z68-V Pro/GEN 3
4Gb Ripjaws G.Skill DDR3 1333Hz
No PCI video card

Thanks

curandero7 said:
Hi,

I've never been so frustrated with an OS install before. I've spent the past 4 days trying to get my hackintosh up and ready.

Followed all the instructions. Tried different user variations. None would work.

Completed the following steps:
Run UpdateHelper & restart
Install Update Combo, do not resart
Install Multibeast options:
---- Easybeast
---- System Utilities
---- AppleIntelE1000e Ethernet & restart

After the combo update, once it boots into the grey/white apple logo screen, it shows it's small circle loading and then the display turns black.
The system does not reset or anything. It stays black until I press the reset button.

Could you please help me out.

System specs:
Intel i7 2600k
Asus P8Z68-V Pro/GEN 3
4Gb Ripjaws G.Skill DDR3 1333Hz
No PCI video card

Thanks
After combo update and installing Multibeast kexts On reboot are you booting on Snow Leopard Hard drive?

Also not having a video card and using onboard graphics is a setup that makes it a bit difficult to boot up and configure. I've read hundreds of guides and you are a first to boot up without a video card on 10.6.3 :thumbup:

If you can buy an ATI 5xxx or 6xxx there are less than $150usd and perfect for hackintosh :D

Let me know how it goes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back