HD 6870 1GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
For some reason, I can't get the USB 2.0's in the back to work. When I'm at the chimera boot screen, it sees the USB drive, boot once OSX begins to load, the rear USB's disable... weird anyone know how to fix this?

Asus P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3 using the latest BIOS from the Asus 1155 directory on this site.

cr125jb said:
For some reason, I can't get the USB 2.0's in the back to work. When I'm at the chimera boot screen, it sees the USB drive, boot once OSX begins to load, the rear USB's disable... weird anyone know how to fix this?

Asus P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3 using the latest BIOS from the Asus 1155 directory on this site.

I actually had this same problem. I had to move around my Usb mouse/keyboard/drive to boot unibeast because neither the front nor the back would work, but for some reason the other "hub" on my motherboard worked fine. I would try just moving them around.

Well I have Lion up and running. In UniBeast, the only one that works is the hub. Then I install lion and get to use Multibeast. I have everything installed and working, the only problem is my stupid USB ports. Whats weird is that when I installed the audio kexts for my board and rebooted, the USB ports worked in the back. But then I shut down and came back the next day, and the USB ports stopped working. WTF!?! So currently I have the 1 working USB port with a 4 port hub, but it would be really nice to get the IO USB ports working. If anyone has the kexts or a pkg solution to get them working I would be very appreciative =]

cr125jb said:
Well I have Lion up and running. In UniBeast, the only one that works is the hub. Then I install lion and get to use Multibeast. I have everything installed and working, the only problem is my stupid USB ports. Whats weird is that when I installed the audio kexts for my board and rebooted, the USB ports worked in the back. But then I shut down and came back the next day, and the USB ports stopped working. WTF!?! So currently I have the 1 working USB port with a 4 port hub, but it would be really nice to get the IO USB ports working. If anyone has the kexts or a pkg solution to get them working I would be very appreciative =]

Wow, that's crazy. SOrry I have no Clue. Did you maybe try turning off USB legacy in bios?

Let me add that I purchased a new SSD drive. I installed Lion on it the same way I installed it on the 7200rpm WD drive I had. Now both drives boot, but the Lion on the 7200 RPM drive has the rear USB ports working, and the Lion on the new SSD does not.

OK when I turn off "Legacy USB", no USB ports work. I turned off "Legacy USB 3.0" to no avail. I'm completely baffled. What kext controls my USB ports in the rear? is it the IOUSBFamily? is there a Z68 kext? I'm going to try and boot USBBusFix=Yes and see if that helps. I would really like to have the rear USB ports working.

Xranger60 Thank you very much! I'm going to buy mountain lion and try it this week!

No problems. I remember how frustrating it was just to get an installation using Lion. I don't know what changed, but just using the standard install and not changing any options when creating the unibeast stick with Mountain Lion worked perfectly.

I'm a big fan of this motherboard so it's nice to have things working now!

On a side note, I tried using the USB3.0 Kext in Multibeast. After restart, it recognized a device I plugged into one of the 3.0 ports, but unfortunately Mac OS would not sleep. So I removed USB 3.0 and am only using the 2.0 ports in the back.

PS: I used one of the patched ASUS BIOSes for this board, and now I do not have to use NullCPU to avoid kernel panics on bootup.

Have the same MB and bios. I've been unable to have USB 3 to work with SL, L and ML. But usb 2 ports have always worked oob.
The only problem was with Lion installation when I had to use only the front panel port during the installation (it hang if I had anything connected in other ports).
I have tried tens of different tricks here except editing DSDT.

BTW. does you onboard BT work normally?

Sometimes bluetooth is no longer recognized by Mac OS. I find that booting into Windows and back to Mac OS tends to take care of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back