Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus p8Z68-v pro
CPU
Graphics
GTX 570
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
So I have an Asus P8Z68-v Pro motherboard, that has bluetooth built on board. I'm attempting to install it so I can use a trackpad I bought but I can't really find much if anything about it. Anyone here have any luck at all? If so what have you done etc. Thanx in advance!!

mine works when I boot on win before and restart to Os X

You need to load the firmware before you can use it. When you load Windows and warm boot to Lion, the firmware is loaded by Windows and Lion could then recognise it.

I've successfully make the internal bluetooth to work using the steps given by DrCrack here:

http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=18410

Hi Asus P8Z68 owners,

I have a p8z68vpro but no matter how I try, I just can't boot the OSX installer. I've got KP soon after I boot onto the OSX installer (after replacing the iBoot CD with the SnowLeo one).

I've tried so many things like enabling the highres Timer, disabling speedstep, turbomode, using these options:
-v -busratio=38 PCIRootUID=1
Nothing seemed to work.

Can each of you please tell me what they did to get it started?

Thanks

altares said:
Hi Asus P8Z68 owners,

I have a p8z68vpro but no matter how I try, I just can't boot the OSX installer. I've got KP soon after I boot onto the OSX installer (after replacing the iBoot CD with the SnowLeo one).

I've tried so many things like enabling the highres Timer, disabling speedstep, turbomode, using these options:
-v -busratio=38 PCIRootUID=1
Nothing seemed to work.

Can each of you please tell me what they did to get it started?

Thanks

Way to threadjack!! Actually, it looks like I have my answer either way so it's all good.

Ok, first off I don't think we are really allowed to discus distros here. It's retail or bust as far as I know. 2nd, there's loads of guides floating around. I actually posted one elsewhere for what I had to do.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=22928
I needed to use Iboot Legacy to boot into the install, but not sure what the deal is with distros.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back