Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have installed lion 10.7.3

Can boot with:
easyBeast
PCIRootUID=1
USB Keyboard and mouse

Got network from the AppleRealtek..... in multibeast and not on Lin2Mac's

Haven't yet got audio or graphics to work.
I have an Asus N210 Silent 1GB DDR3 graphics card (any help?)
Using HD3000 onboard gives similar results. when i add any kexts for the graphics, it gets stuck at USBSMC or something
selecting non-DSDT audio with 892 and voodoHDA causes KP.

I have reinstalled around 5 times already. how do i create a backup of the current working copy. I have a small HDD and 2 8GB USB pendrives (one has UniBeast)

I got it working

Here are the steps I followed:
This is for ASUS P8Z68-V LE board

After install with UniBeast and boot using the same,
Open MultiBeast
Select:
OSx86 Software

This will give us Kext Utility to install Audio kexts

Open MultiBeast again

Select :
UserDSDT install (dont put any DSDT in your desktop. We just need the other things that get installed)
Drivers & Bootloaders -> Kexts & Enablers -> Audio -> Realtek ALC8xx -> Non-DSDT HDA Enabler -> ALC892
Drivers & Bootloaders -> Kexts & Enablers -> Miscellaneous->NullCPUPowerManagement
Drivers & Bootloaders -> Kexts & Enablers -> Network->Realtek Gigabit Ethernet 2.0.6

Don't restart yet

I know using UserDSDT install without any DSDT seems kind of stupid, but it worked. I'm almost sure that you can get the same with selecting the kexts in that selection manually, but if you can do it just in 1 click, why not go for it.

Now for Audio
I used the new kext from Toleda :

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.in/2012/01/n ... board.html

(The post also has one for ALC889, but in that case i think you should select ALC889 instead of ALC892 HDA Enabler. but I have 892, so I'll go with that)

Download and extract to get the kext (which has name AppleHDA.kext)
Its still in beta (892Beta_Lion_AppleHDA_v2.1.3-2)
Install the kext with KextUtility.
Reboot.

And you have Audio, network, and if your graphics card is supported OOB by lion (mine was : GeForce 210 1GB DDR3)

Now if you want PS2, Follow these steps, but brace yourself for a kernel panic.
Reboot after getting everything else working
Open MultiBeast again
Now select:
Drivers & Bootloaders -> Kexts & Enablers -> Miscellaneous-> PS2 keyboard mice .....

and after the install you will get (I got) a KP, but don't worry. Press reset button and boot into Lion normally (if it doesn't work, boot with -v -f, but it wont boot completely, after the 'Still waiting for root device' kind of message, press reset and boot normally)

Now you have everything except Sleep and USB3 ( i haven't yet tested SATA 6GBPS, so dont know about that)

One thing I noticed is that I cant get it to boot if I select -f in chimera (ignore kext chache, right?)
Then it seems that it cant get the disk correctly. the message is something like
Still waiting for root device

and it goes on. AHCI is enabled (I suppose otherwise it wont boot without the -f, right?)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-02-20 at 9.18.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-02-20 at 9.18.29 PM.png
    237.1 KB · Views: 405
  • Screen Shot 2012-02-20 at 9.18.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-02-20 at 9.18.34 PM.png
    251.3 KB · Views: 403
renjithis said:
I have installed lion 10.7.3

Can boot with:
easyBeast
PCIRootUID=1
USB Keyboard and mouse

Got network from the AppleRealtek..... in multibeast and not on Lin2Mac's

Haven't yet got audio or graphics to work.
I have an Asus N210 Silent 1GB DDR3 graphics card (any help?)
Using HD3000 onboard gives similar results. when i add any kexts for the graphics, it gets stuck at USBSMC or something
selecting non-DSDT audio with 892 and voodoHDA causes KP.

I have reinstalled around 5 times already. how do i create a backup of the current working copy. I have a small HDD and 2 8GB USB pendrives (one has UniBeast)

Ah. just got my hackintosh lion installed today. Restart, KP, saw your post then relized I should boot with "PCIRootUID=1". I'll try it when I get home.

Alright, update time! well, seems that even with the command PCIBoot...yeah that. It still gives me a KP, now I'm reformatting and reinstalling, and going to install easy beast, and follow your steps, hope this works...

Edit: easybeat not problem..

MacTechReviews said:
Alright, update time! well, seems that even with the command PCIBoot...yeah that. It still gives me a KP, now I'm reformatting and reinstalling, and going to install easy beast, and follow your steps, hope this works...

Which kext does it KP?

renjithis said:
MacTechReviews said:

Which kext does it KP?

I'm not sure, and also something keeps failing my multibeast install. Although I have worse news, my brand new 1TB hard drive I'm installing this on has just died....IDK why.

Sooo, Chimera didn't work for me. When I rebooted, it just gives me an error:

boot0: GPT
boot0: test
boot0: error_
now when I try to boot off of the USB, it gives me a KP.

MacTechReviews said:
Sooo, Chimera didn't work for me. When I rebooted, it just gives me an error:

boot0: error_
now when I try to boot off of the USB, it gives me a KP.

I had got the same error when I tried installing in my friend's laptop. Searching the net, I found out that this happens when the bootloader does not get installed correctly. To install bootloader to the bootsector manually,
download:
unpkg (i dont have the link with me now, just google it and i'm sure you'll find it)
chimera from tonymacx86
unpack the chimera pkg file using unpkg. in there you'll find a file named 'boot1h' (its in one of the folders)
Install chimera if you haven't done already (either manually or using multibeast).
dd the file to your booting harddrive
syntax is
dd if=/path/to/boot1h of=/dev/diskX
where X is your harddrive

Now you will have a valid chimera bootloader.

If you dont have mac installation to do all this, download and unpkg from any mac and copy it to a pendrive with FAT or HFS partition. boot to unibeast install. select terminal from Utilities menu.
The pendrive would be mounted at /Volumes/name/of/pendrive
use
diskutils list
to get info of your harddrive

PS: i read somewhere that the problem happens because newer harddrives have a block size of 4kb and older ones have 512b. chimera installation works ok with older HDDs

yeah, i can confirm: with <key>PCIRootUID</key><string>1</string> in org.chameleon.plist added, my msi n210 is detected perfectly and all resolutions and monitors are detected! thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back