Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for the info, ed :thumbup:

tonymacx86 said:
alf_mac said:
Have the
Asus P8Z68-V Pro

:D

Would love to see a build thread on this board and components with first reactions :D :thumbup:

I will as soon as i can

I have this:
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6500 256MB, don't have HDMI out

And I have not get it to work
sow I have google a lot and I looks to me that ther are no good answer to what Graphics Card to get

ATI or NVIDIA
High end or Mid range or low range, silent or a fan on the card

And what memory:
DDR3 SDRAM, DDR2 SDRAM, GDDR3 SDRAM, GDDR5 SDRAM

This what i have be looking at but not determination to what to get, i need more
hands on the OS i think, and i have be looking on many profiles on the users hardware at this forum and others.

ASUS GeForce 210 512MB Silent PhysX CUDA
ASUS GeForce GT 220 1GB PhysX CUDA
ASUS GeForce GT 430 1GB Direct CU Silent
ASUS GeForce GT 520 1GB Silent PhysX
ASUS Radeon HD 5450 1GB DDR3 Silent
ASUS Radeon HD 5450 512MB DDR2 Silent
ASUS Radeon HD 5570 1GB DDR2 Silent
ASUS Radeon HD 6450 1GB DDR3 Silent
ASUS Radeon HD 6450 512MB DDR3 Silent

Order by Price
Sapphire Radeon HD 6450 512MB GDDR5
Sapphire Radeon HD 5670 512MB GDDR5
Sapphire Radeon HD 5670 1GB GDDR5
Sapphire Radeon HD 6750 512MB GDDR5
Sapphire Radeon HD 6670 1GB GDDR5
ASUS Radeon HD 5670 1GB GDDR5
Sapphire Radeon HD 5670 1GB GDDR5 "FleX"
Sapphire Radeon HD 5670 1GB GDDR5
Sapphire Radeon HD 5750 1GB GDDR5
Sapphire Radeon HD 6750 1GB GDDR5
PowerColor Radeon HD 5770 1GB GDDR5
Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 1GB GDDR5
HIS Radeon HD 5770 1GB GDDR5
Sapphire Radeon HD 6770 1GB GDDR5
PowerColor Radeon HD 6770 1GB GDDR5
XFX Radeon HD 5770 1GB GDDR5
Sapphire Radeon HD 6770 1GB GDDR5
XFX Radeon HD 5850 1GB GDDR5
Gigabyte Radeon HD 6770 1GB GDDR5
Sapphire Radeon HD 5850 1GB GDDR5
Gigabyte Radeon HD 6850 1GB GDDR5
MSI Radeon HD 6870 1GB GDDR5
ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB (Appel Nativ)

This will be more easy it we had less to choose from.

And now i have Graphics on the Board to... :crazy:

Alf ;)

alf_mac said:
mwparrish said:
[quote="alf_mac":czfe1y5o]Got it today, long story short, 530 KM, wrong time on my GPS, UK time :eek: made it

Have the
Asus P8Z68-V Pro

:D

Cool! Let us know how it goes and what you have to do! I'm hoping it's pretty darn cut and dry!

Will do as soon i get back home, may tomorrow, it have on/off, and reset switch, and the BIG USB3 box that come whit the P8P67 Deluxe is gone, also the network is the Intel one

The blue coolers look the same as the P8P67 Deluxe board i had but it have cooler on the other side to (flat plate)

And the EPU, TPU switch is on the same place nice

Alf ;)[/quote:czfe1y5o]

Awesome. I'm also switching from an Asus P8P67 Deluxe, so your experiences should help with mine.

From what I've read, the P8Z68-V Pro is less likely to support USB3 right away, right (since it's not using the NEC chip)?

Is this the only known issue (and difference from the Deluxe version)? Otherwise, does this board look like it will work with minimal issues?

Too bad that the most important feature – drive caching – isn't supported on OS X (no AHCI / RAID setting only in BIOS).

Comes with 4* USB 3.0 (ASMedia 1042 controller).

Funny that a developer like me is a 'Noob' here – based on post count LOL

DHP said:
Too bad that the most important feature – drive caching – isn't supported on OS X (no AHCI / RAID setting only in BIOS).

Comes with 4* USB 3.0 (ASMedia 1042 controller).

Funny that a developer like me is a 'Noob' here – based on post count LOL

Ya- apparently Gigabyte has showed a few of their newer Z68 models- that have the ssd caching feature integrated. These will be out in June.

I'm thinking that the features will be available at some point in OS X.

And sry about Noob status- it's only temporary :p

I have not understood this completely, does the z68 work better then the p67 because it's in the iMac? If you don't care about the Intel GPU and Hybrid SSD/Drive caching is there any reason to choose z68 over p67 in a hackint0sh? Is there anything that doesn't work on the p67 which works with z68?

Would be grateful for some answers from someone who know. What do you say Tony?

NurkJon said:
I have not understood this completely, does the z68 work better then the p67 because it's in the iMac? If you don't care about the Intel GPU and Hybrid SSD/Drive caching is there any reason to choose z68 over p67 in a hackint0sh? Is there anything that doesn't work on the p67 which works with z68?

I have the exact same question. All else being equal, I think I would prefer to just get a P67 board since I don't need any of the added features. However, compatibility is my top concern and I'll gladly spring for Z68 if it makes anything more stable.

tasc said:
NurkJon said:

I have the exact same question. All else being equal, I think I would prefer to just get a P67 board since I don't need any of the added features. However, compatibility is my top concern and I'll gladly spring for Z68 if it makes anything more stable.
If you find the answer before me, could you please send a PM to me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back