Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I thought it would be nice to have a thread for our Asus Z68 hacks that we could all post to. Seems like the G motherboards get most of the love here.

Lion installed fine, using Tony's guide, but no sound. Anyone else have this problem?

It's as simple as running Multibeast and installing the Realtek audio drivers with System Utilities checked. I have an ASUS P8P67 Pro board. In my case, I selected ALC8xxHDA, AppleHDA Rollback, and ALC 892 in the Non-DSDT HDA Enabler folder.

hello
have someone the dsdt.aml für p8z68-v pro
Best Regards

Got audio working. Thanks.
Any tips for Speedstep/Turbo and Sleep?
Thanks

SpeedStep and Sleep aren't working at the moment for me.

Speedstep seems to work using speedstep patcher available at insanelymac forum but sleep doesn't work for me. It goes to sleep for few seconds, then the fan goes back on though the display is not. Touching keys on my keyboard, the display goes back on. So, I believe it send a sleep signal to the system, the display went to sleep too but there is something with trigger the wake up from sleep.

Is anyone using a nvidia fermi card (4xx, but preferably 5xx) with this mobo? I've followed this guide to get the full res and openGL support. However, there seems to be some kind of conflict between this and the audio kexts.

Here's my setup: I've got three partitions on the hard drive: one SL, one Lion, and the Installer for Lion. I've installed Lion onto a new partition so as to not mess up the SL one. I followed this guide to install Lion. Since the P67 board is quite similar to the Z68 one in terms of the components, I used Andy's installer package to install support for USB3, SATA, audio, bluetooth, etc. His package changes the Mac identifier to an iMac, which I changed back to a Mac Pro via a backed up smbios file from the pre-package installation. I also edited the com.boot file to set GraphicsEnabler to "yes" which was set to "no" by Andy's package. I also made sure, although separately, that the audio and the graphics could work in both arch=i386 or x86_64 kernel modes.

Of course, after I installed the package, I lost the full res support because Andy's package set the GraphicsEnabler to "no." Once I rebooted after I reset it to "yes," I lost audio. I tried (1) multibeast (2) removing all audio kexts and reinstalling it (3) kexts found on other threads (4) only selecting certain options in multibeast (5) reinstalling the kexts from Andy's package, but all to no avail. By the way, I'm installing kexts via dragging and dropping them onto a kext utility.

Everything has thus far resulted in: after I reboot, I get a black screen for maybe 3-5 seconds, and then the motherboard just reboots. Sorry for such a long post but I've been thoroughly frustrated with this. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

How can you tell if Speedstep is working? Geekbench doesn't work on many Lion hacks, especially clean installs.
Is Turboboost the same thing as Speedstep?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back