Contribute
Register

Asus P8Z68 Deluxe Snow Leopard and Lion Guide (Non-Pro ;))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sledhead92 said:
tom.humphrey said:
try booting with graphicsenabler=yes
Nope didn't work, this is all new to me so I wouldn't know where to start, it would be great to get this working because I am using this setup for editing video and using after effects.

I've read that only "ONE" DVI port works with this card. (Hackintosh of course XD )
So what you can do is go to a nearby Apple store (if there is one) or another store and get yourself a Mini DP to VGA for the second monitor, and use the other DVI for for another monitor.

Apple's Mini DP to VGA cost 29$
I was just with my friend like 2 days ago and he picked one up to run Eyefinity.

Edit: I was also there again today and picked myself up a Lion USB :) i already had it on a USB from the Mac App Store, but man i had to get it, Apple's products always look so sweet! This way when the new iboot comes out i'll just use that!

lxlifestream said:
Sledhead92 said:
tom.humphrey said:
try booting with graphicsenabler=yes
Nope didn't work, this is all new to me so I wouldn't know where to start, it would be great to get this working because I am using this setup for editing video and using after effects.

I've read that only "ONE" DVI port works with this card. (Hackintosh of course XD )
So what you can do is go to a nearby Apple store (if there is one) or another store and get yourself a Mini DP to VGA for the second monitor, and use the other DVI for for another monitor.

Apple's Mini DP to VGA cost 29$
I was just with my friend like 2 days ago and he picked one up to run Eyefinity.

Edit: I was also there again today and picked myself up a Lion USB :) i already had it on a USB from the Mac App Store, but man i had to get it, Apple's products always look so sweet! This way when the new iboot comes out i'll just use that!

I have one for my macbook pro, plugged it in, worked like a charm, don't even need graphicenabler=yes.

Thanks so much!

No, only one of the two work.
But Both Mini DP and HDMI should work just fine.

yeah i know, my monitors are plunged in on one mini display port (Mac LED cinema display) and the top DVI (BenQ monitor) - both work fine

Yeah right now I have one monitor plugged into DVI (bottom) , and the other plugged into mini display port with the adapter to VGA

Also, if you look in Profiler, you'll see it only finds 4 display connection ports, and the card has 5. I think what it could be (just from the looks of it) that both DVI ports are found as one, because they are attached. Just from what it looks like when you remove the fans from the card. That would explain why only one can be used at a time.

Hi

I try to install SL but this what i get

file.php

can anybody tell us What are the settings for Bios :|

thank you :beachball:

update

i fix this screen by write ( CPURootUID=0 )

Thanks for the guide. I've been moderately successful at installing Lion so far. Struggling a little to get the Raid 0 to work though. Since I already have a working Snow and Lion install with boot Raid on a GB X-58 UD5 board I skipped the first part of the guide. That semed to be OK sofar.

My motherboard is acting kind of weird in the bios though. I only get to see about the upper left 3/4 of the screen. It's as if the monitor was in a 1024x768 mode but the bios image is at 1600x1200. Once booted into Lion the display is fine, Lion correctly identifies the monitor and graphics board. Ive hooked up a 19 and 24 inch monitor as well as a 1080p TV. The graphics board is a XFX 6870. When I switch to advanced mode there are also color/distortion/fuzz errors on the screen.

Anybody have any ideas? Do I need to just exchange the board? Is it likely the XFX 6870? I did use it briefly in a z68-ud4 and all seemed well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back