Contribute
Register

Asus P8Z68 Deluxe Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't need to use patched DSDT and SSDT ! You must have only patched AICPM and iMac12_1.plist (or 12_2) and proper smbios.plist. You will have than full Power Managment and Turbo Boost

Asus and ASRock have similar DSDT.

oswaldini said:
You don't need to use patched DSDT and SSDT ! You must have only patched AICPM and iMac12_1.plist (or 12_2) and proper smbios.plist. You will have than full Power Managment and Turbo Boost

Asus and ASRock have similar DSDT.

I confirm. Everything works without DSDT and SSDT. Power Management and Turbo. Geekbench for me = 14250. :)
Only one needed thing with 10.6.8 is patched with speedstepper AICPM and added iMac12,2.plist.

tom.humphrey said:
Got Lion working, however using that guide I had to install NullCPUPowerManagement.kext into Extras to avoid kp'ing when following the tonymac guide, after that everything seems to have run smoothly so far (literally just started up and reporting)

Have attached the kext needed, again install with kext wizard. Good Luck

Now Im on Lion. I dont use NullCPUPowerManagement cause PM and Turbo doesnt work.
To have it working use Speedstepper patch for AICPM Lion version. :)
Dont need any dsdt or ssdt.

For users who have problems with wifi cards remove Apple80211Monitor.bundle from /S/L/SystemConfiguration. (You will not have working auto connection but it will stop droppin and lagging.)

UPDATE:
I updated my little guide and also started new topic with it. Link

buoo said:
Hi guys

Asus has released the new 0603 BIOS, anyone tested it?

Good news. Cheers. I will try it tommorrow.

I'm reading around that It's possible to get the Sandy Bridge Intel Onboard Graphic working, but I'm asking myself ..If my mobo hasn't a graphic connection, how do I use it? ..May I use It with my ATi 6870 at the same time ??

buoo said:
I'm reading around that It's possible to get the Sandy Bridge Intel Onboard Graphic working, but I'm asking myself ..If my mobo haven't a graphic connection, how do I use it? ..May I use It with my ATi 6870 at the same time ??

For our mobos improvement will be only if intel quick sync will work and will be supported by mac os appications.
I was reading about intel quick sync and how it improve video encoding. It uses i7 or i5 internal gpu to do encoding few times faster than only cpu or discreet gpu. It could be big improvement for people who use mac os for video editing.
But AFAIK the only one app which uses intel quick sync is FaceTime (Im not 100% sure).

buoo said:
Did you try the get it working?

For now if you switch igpu on in bios you will get
"SNB Framebuffer did not show up, unload"
during system startup or just reboot during startup.
I didnt try it with new bios yet.

buoo said:
Bios updated.
I don't see particular differences.

Yeah. I know. Even my old dsdt with esata patch works. :)
Just did it 5 minutes ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back