Graphics
Intel Iris
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I'm trying to use UniBeast and I can't get to the installer for the life of me. This is my first attempt at this ever so I'm new to the terminology or really where to begin helping myself. I've looked for other posts with similar issues, but their solutions didn't get me anywhere.

I've been booting with various basic flags: nv_disabled=1, -x, -v, maxmem=8192. None of them seemed to help (-v doesn't really count).

I read somewhere to remove the /Extra/AppleACPIPlatform.kext from the USB, but this just got me stuck at the same place with no errors that I can see. I have two pics of logs:

With
/Extra/AppleACPIPlatform.kext:
IMG_4537.jpg

And Without:
IMG_4538.jpg

I feel like this is pretty early on in the process so hopefully it can't be THAT complicated. The whole thing hasn't even gotten started yet and it's already found an error. So hopefully it's me being new and making a rookie mistake that's easily fixable. Any help or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

Connect USB to USB 2.0 port.

Check the USB related BIOS settings,

1. Enable USB Legacy Support
2. Set xHCI mode as AUTO (Not SMART Auto)
3. Set xHCI Hand-Off as Enabled
4. Enable the EHCI Hand-off
5. Set SATA mode to AHCI

Then check booting with "dart=0 -f -x -v"

Hey thanks for the help! I've gotten 10.10.3 installed but am having issues getting it to boot off the SSD. I've used various flags, including the ones that got me to the installer which you posted above. But after a couple of installs, and some further reading, I've been left with a small problem. My boot from SSD hangs up at

AppleKeyStore starting (BUILT: Mar 23 2015 11:37:46)
FakeSMCKeyStore: started

Sometimes AppleKeyStore comes first, and sometimes FakeSMCKeyStore comes first. Either way it will hang up there. Here are the pics I have:

IMG_4540.JPGIMG_4541.JPG

One is just a zoomed in picture of the other.

What should I make of this?

Hey thanks for the help! I've gotten 10.10.3 installed but am having issues getting it to boot off the SSD. I've used various flags, including the ones that got me to the installer which you posted above. But after a couple of installs, and some further reading, I've been left with a small problem. My boot from SSD hangs up at

AppleKeyStore starting (BUILT: Mar 23 2015 11:37:46)
FakeSMCKeyStore: started

Sometimes AppleKeyStore comes first, and sometimes FakeSMCKeyStore comes first. Either way it will hang up there. Here are the pics I have:

View attachment 141178View attachment 141179

One is just a zoomed in picture of the other.

What should I make of this?

Is the BIOS running with latest firmware??

Have you completed the MultiBeast installation??

If Yes, What are the options you had selected on MultiBeast while doing installation??

Also check booting after disabling Turboboost on BIOS.

I have booted from USB and done 2 Multibeast installations. I will have to check on the BIOS Firmware, but odds are it's outdated and I can flash it tonight. I can post my saved Multibeast settings that I saved on my last attempt if that's helpful. I don't recall them off the tip of my head. I'll work on this tonight and post results (hopefully a little earlier than I have been). Thanks for all the help!

Ok! I've gotten so that I can boot from the SSD without any flags. Updating the BIOS helped significantly! I helped myself through some issues with graphics drivers, but now it boots with sound and graphics and everything without any extra flags at boot.

However...

While installing the drivers and trying to get my graphics working, I was able to access the internet just fine. I bought and am using the TP-LINK AC1750 Archer T8E WiFi adaptor from the recommended parts list for May of this year. Like I said, it was working out of the box earlier but once I got graphics working it's broken.

And honestly it's only half broken. It detects networks, but cannot connect to my home network (the only one I have to test with). Then I rebooted and now it flat out "can't" see my home network anymore (can still see others). Any thoughts??

Thanks for the help so far! I'm excited to have gotten this far with the project!

EDIT: Immediately after posting this I tried again. It detects my home network again but says I need to "Try moving closer to the wireless router." Like I said, it was working perfectly earlier today, so I don't think location is the issue. Also, other devices connected to my home network are working fine. I'm posting this from my MBP connected to this network sitting at the same desk as my Hackintosh, so I know it's not range or anything to do with my network.

Ok! I've gotten so that I can boot from the SSD without any flags. Updating the BIOS helped significantly! I helped myself through some issues with graphics drivers, but now it boots with sound and graphics and everything without any extra flags at boot.

However...

While installing the drivers and trying to get my graphics working, I was able to access the internet just fine. I bought and am using the TP-LINK AC1750 Archer T8E WiFi adaptor from the recommended parts list for May of this year. Like I said, it was working out of the box earlier but once I got graphics working it's broken.

And honestly it's only half broken. It detects networks, but cannot connect to my home network (the only one I have to test with). Then I rebooted and now it flat out "can't" see my home network anymore (can still see others). Any thoughts??

Thanks for the help so far! I'm excited to have gotten this far with the project!

EDIT: Immediately after posting this I tried again. It detects my home network again but says I need to "Try moving closer to the wireless router." Like I said, it was working perfectly earlier today, so I don't think location is the issue. Also, other devices connected to my home network are working fine. I'm posting this from my MBP connected to this network sitting at the same desk as my Hackintosh, so I know it's not range or anything to do with my network.

It is better if you can open a new thread under Network section for the network related issues.

Hi, vortex3636, i also have the problem of Applekeystore freeze, did you solved the problem only by updating the BIOS? Grateful for your answer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back