1. iBook
  2. iMac
  3. Power Mac
  4. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi guys,

Following the mass release of ASUS 1155 DSDTs on the DSDT database, I just had to give my motherboard’s released DSDT a shot (with a generic i5 2500K DSDT).

Unfortunately, it gets stuck at "Still waiting for root device". No boot options specified other than darkwake=0.

Everything else works great (no glaring errors from CPU power management or panics). I’m using a patched BIOS version 1004, from the tonymacx86 database, from which the DSDT was extracted.

Have tried tweaking the following boot args:
- npci (0x2000 and 0x3000 cause boot to get stuck at a PCI error)
- cpus=1 (no change observed)
- DropSSDT=No GeneratePStates=Yes (no change observed, but just wary of 10.7.4)

System is a P8P67-M PRO + i5 2500K + HD5770 + 64GB SSD on the Intel 6Gbps port.

I am currently using a DSDT and SSDT (SSDT for a USB sleep fix) from InsanelyMac, intended for RevoBoot but works fine with Chameleon, pre-10.7.4 and 10.7.4 too.

Let me know if there is any information I can provide to help, and if anyone else has tested the DSDT database DSDT for this board?

Cheers, and thanks for your help :)

Hi,
i have the same Board with i7-2600K CPU and patched BIOS 1004
i have also a Radeon HD5770
get stuck on login screen both on SL and Lion with different bootloader versions :banghead:

Hmm, I am using the latest MultiBeast 4.4 with UserDSDT and the following Chameleon options:

Code:
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>No</string>
	<key>Kernel</key>
	<string>mach_kernel</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>darkwake=0</string>
	<key>Legacy Logo</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>1</string>
	<key>UseKernelCache</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>DropSSDT</key>
	<string>Yes</string>

Attached the DSDT I am using (taken from an InsanelyMac thread regarding this motherboard with RevoBoot) and SSDT.aml for i5 2500K (overclocked to 4.2GHz via turbo), SSDT-1.aml for USB sleep fix.

Use a generic i7 2700K SSDT if you are not overclocking, though I assume you already have one?

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    4.7 KB · Views: 197
  • ssdt.aml
    767 bytes · Views: 150
  • ssdt-1.aml
    1 KB · Views: 150
Same problem with P8H61M LE USB3. System freeze with new DSDT o_O

Oh well. Seriously considering RevoBoot now, since RevoGirl does have this P8P67-M PRO motherboard herself.

Hi,
my chameleon.boot.plist is a little different than yours and i'm using a own autopatched DSDT but with the downloaded version system doesn't boot.

<key>AtiConfig</key>
<string>Vervet</string>
<key>AtiPorts</key>
<string>4</string>
<key>DSDT</key>
<string>/Extra/DSDT.aml</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>

maybe we need the right BIOS-settings for that DSDT :?:

I have all C-states enabled in the BIOS and turbo boost set to "per core" with ratios 42, 40, 38, 34.

PLL over voltage disabled as RevoGirl has mentioned that AppleIntelPM doesn't work if it is left enabled.

My graphics card worked out of the box without any enablers or boot options, it is a PowerColor HD5770 single slot DVI+HDMI+VGA.

Redgum said:
Just been reading this thread ,maybe of help to you

viewtopic.php?f=168&t=37056

Hi, forgive me if I misread the thread, but none of those posters are using the newly released DSDTs found on this forum?

I'm trying to figure out why the official DSDT doesn't work.

Frankylan said:
Hi,
my chameleon.boot.plist is a little different than yours and i'm using a own autopatched DSDT but with the downloaded version system doesn't boot.

You can try the DSDT and SSDT-1.aml I attached with my post, with a generic i7 2600K SSDT.

As long as you have used SpeedStepper or a patched BIOS, my DSDT and SSDT-1 should work, it is generic for the P8P67-M PRO. I did not customize it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back