Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Specs

Asus P8P67 LE
Intel i5 2500k
250GB HDD
4GB RAM
XFX 5770

Hey guys, I'm using iBoot legacy and retail OSX 10.6.0 on a USB drive (both have been used to successfully install osx on two other machines) to install OSX. However, when iBoot loads and asks me to select a drive to boot off of, the OSX installation cd (or USB in this case) doesnt show up. I have tried other USB ports without success. Has anyone had similar problems? Any suggestions.

johnnyc418 said:
Hi Johnnyc418. I have an LE board too - great board if you're not particularly interested in OCing. Couple of simple things that probably state the bleeding obvious:
1. Make sure the external USB port is actually connected to your motherboard, and that it's connected correctly.
2. Make sure that you've got the USB ports activated within the BIOS.
3. Suggest that you BIOS boot with the USB device plugged in and see if it is recognised by the BIOS, ie. look at the 'boot' part of the BIOS and you should see the USB device, and be able to change it's priority within the boot order.
4. Make sure that you've got the boot order set correctly in the BIOS.

A couple of general points:
1. Further, make sure that the SATA ports are switched to AHCI mode in the BIOS.
2. Make sure the HDD and CD are connected to the 1st and 2nd ports (respectively) of the SATA3 ports (the cluster of four ports near the corner) and not one of the SATA 6 ports (the cluster of three ports near the mem slots).

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the response,

I checked bios and the USB drive is clearly listed there. What could I be doing wrong? I have used that same drive multiple times on other machines without any problems.

johnnyc418 said:
Thanks for the response,

I checked bios and the USB drive is clearly listed there. What could I be doing wrong? I have used that same drive multiple times on other machines without any problems.
Give Andy's Boot CD a crack ... worked for me!

I was able to use iBoot legacy, but I had to use a bunch of boot flags. iBoot 3 doesn't work for me yet.

Andy's boot cd worked with no boot flags at all. Then I used Multibeast as per Tony's tutorials.

I tried changing the USB type from Floppy to HDD. It worked for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back