Contribute
Register

Asus P8H61M-LEU-SB3: Sierra installer crashing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
P5Q-EM > Need make and full model name > See Rules!
CPU
Q8200
Graphics
GT 210
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Hello everybody and thank you for contributing to the wonderful experience that allowed me –without knowing much of informatics- to make a couple of kids familiar and happy with mac OS X; i installed Mac OSX.12 Sierra without problems on several Asus 775/Q8200 Nvidia machines but got stuck -see screenshot - when trying to do so on Asus P8H61M-LEUSB3, AMI UEFIbios 4601, i5 2400/1155 (card Nvidia or without=intel HD2000;

any help would be greatly appreciated.

i installed Mac OSX.12 Sierra without problems on several Asus 775/Q8200 Nvidia machines but got stuck -see screenshot - when trying to do so on Asus P8H61M-LEUSB3, AMI UEFIbios 4601, i5 2400/1155 (card Nvidia or without=intel HD2000;
  • No screenshot attached.
  • What type of Nvidia card?
  • Intel HD 2000 Graphics is not supported.

Tks BreBo fr yr reaction; Videocard=Assus EN210silent/di/1gd3/v2(LP)DVI/HDMI/VGA;screenshot
DSC03485.JPG
; sometimes i get to the installerscreen, when choosing language or shortly after the crash occurs and the screen returns to bios>cloverscreen. Hope it will be more clear now. Kind rgds

Hello everybody and thank you for contributing to the wonderful experience that allowed me –without knowing much of informatics- to make a couple of kids familiar and happy with mac OS X; i installed Mac OSX.12 Sierra without problems on several Asus 775/Q8200 Nvidia machines but got stuck -see screenshot - when trying to do so on Asus P8H61M-LEUSB3, AMI UEFIbios 4601, i5 2400/1155 (card Nvidia or without=intel HD2000;

any help would be greatly appreciated.

I had one of those boards when they first appeared. Unfortunately, I was never able to get an nVidia graphics card of any description to work reliably as there aren't enough PCI lanes for the PCI-E slot at full capacity :( The only card that did work was an AMD Radeon 4350 card that was less capable than the onboard Intel graphics.

I changed out for a Gigabyte Z68 board which worked fine and relegated the ASUS board to the spares bin as it wasn't as capable as I had been led to believe.

Videocard=Assus EN210silent/di/1gd3/v2(LP)DVI/HDMI/VGA;screenshot ; sometimes i get to the installerscreen, when choosing language or shortly after the crash occurs and the screen returns to bios>cloverscreen.

Try the solution from the Can't perform kext scan: no kext summary topic.

If you use only one stick of RAM try moving it to a different slot.

Tks very much: Worked like a charm after some experimenting: shutdown, sleep, ethernet worked out of the box, sound after installing ALC887 & VoodooHD pkg 2.8.8; RAM is 2*2GB, no problem.
When starting-up or after restart i always have to select my start-up disk whether UEFI or MacOSX is first bootpriority: could this be bypassed? Also Nvidia screenresoltion is only 1024*768 (see img). I didnot find a solution; strange enough the same card on a 775 system wih Sierra is working!

Attachments

• Nvidia i5.png
    Nvidia i5.png
    24.4 KB · Views: 88
When starting-up or after restart i always have to select my start-up disk whether UEFI or MacOSX is first bootpriority: could this be bypassed?

Do you mean in the BIOS?

Also Nvidia screenresoltion is only 1024*768 (see img). I didnot find a solution; strange enough the same card on a 775 system wih Sierra is working!

Did you already try Alt + Left mouse click Scaled in System Preferences > Displays > Resolution

Do you mean in the BIOS?
No, in the TonyMacOS86 screen i get a choice from where to start up (Stick, HD or recovery) this is what i -like in other machines- would like to bypass.

Did you already try Alt + Left mouse click Scaled in System Preferences > Displays > Resolution
Yes, that's where i found the unique resolution; in the meantime i tried
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-12-1-367-15-10-15.205568/page-2#post-1357600
but this was not succesfull; tomorrow i will give it another try and let you know.
tks anyhow fr yr response and suggestions and with kind rgds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back