Motherboard
GigaByte GA Z87X-OC
CPU
INTEL core i-7 4770K
Graphics
GT 210
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
Is the Asus P7P55D Premium mobo Hackintoshable?
Any feedback will be highly appreciated. Thanks

It is hackable, but audio is unsupported, LAN might or might not work with Lnx2Mac's RTL81xx driver and you will have to use NullCPU because power management is also unsupported.

More trouble than it's worth IMHO.

EDIT: there is a DSDT available in the DSDT database for BIOS version 2003

You should be able to install just fine on this motherboard. I have a video in my signature for installing 10.9 and it's done on a P7P55D, easily accomplished.

You probably won't need NullCPUPowerManagement.kext or a DSDT if your bios version is newer.

You should be able to install just fine on this motherboard. I have a video in my signature for installing 10.9 and it's done on a P7P55D, easily accomplished.

You probably won't need NullCPUPowerManagement.kext or a DSDT if your bios version is newer.

Great, didn't know you updated. :thumbup: on the video.

You reckon the latest BIOS will have the MSR unlocked? Or was this the problem on the 1156 boards?

I skipped them going from socket 775 to socket 1366.

I've never needed NullCPUPowerManagement.kext on my p7p55d. I have EIST working too...well kinda. 3 steps but it's better than nothing. I do however use a DSDT. I should try without and see what happens. I'm on the latest BIOS.

I installed the Asus P7P55D Premium mobo with the i7 870 CPU, and 2x4 Gb DDR 3 RAM and 5770 GPU (from the earlier failed Asus P7P55D E Pro build) The system will not post, and the DRAM led switches on, indicating an error with RAM. No Post beep. Tried with just one RAM stick. Tried different slots. Ran MemOK, blinks and runs, but returns to DRAM led lit continuously. There seems to be no CMOS reset jumper on the board. All help is highly appreciated. Thank you.

Hello i have Asus P7P55D Premium + Intel Core i5 750 + Sapphire VAPOR-X HD 5770

Thanks for the video. i will try to morrow.

Please can you post your multibeast config file here or in this section :

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...ost-your-multibeast-config-files-here-mb.html

Thanks you

Great, didn't know you updated. :thumbup: on the video.

You reckon the latest BIOS will have the MSR unlocked? Or was this the problem on the 1156 boards?

I skipped them going from socket 775 to socket 1366.

I believe MSR started to get locked with Sandy Bridge ASUS motherboards. The P55 series are not locked.

These are practically DSDT-free. Audio won't work natively as they are VIA; use a USB audio adapter. The rest is cake.

All you need is Lnx2Mac's Realtek kext and choose DSDT or DSDT-free option in MultiBeast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back