Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everybody,

I have been running Hackintosh for some months now, but yesterday I wanted to start from fresh and use iBoot + Multibeast to have as few kext's as possible. I have most things working, but need some input on the best way to solve the remaining problems.

First, my system is:
ASUS P7P55D (bios 1307), Core i5 750, 4GB ram, nVidia 9600GT, PCI Ethernet works O.O.B.

I have installed SL and upgraded to 10.6.3.

Currently I'm running arch=i386, using the 10.3.1 Darwin Kernel from iBoot Supoorted (w. USB). The DSDT.aml is from Tony's list and is also attached.

Installed kexts (/Extra/Extension) are fakesmc.kext, IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext, JMicron36x*.kext and VoodooHDA 0.2.56 (in Sys/Lib/Ext.).

fakesmc.kext was automatically installed when I installed IOAHCI* and JMicron*.

Used the iMac 11.1-> Core i5 smbios.plist from iBoot.

Everything works nice, besides two small things:

1. Sleep, reboot and shutdown doesn't work. Screen goes blank and system dies.

2. MSR Tools reports Speedstep as on, and the max frequency to 2.67ghz. So far so good. But the actual frequency is often showing 3.16ghz (117%) :? I'm a bit afraid of this one.

I have tried looking at the DSDT.aml file using DSDTSE.app but couldn't quite figure out if anything was wrong here.

Any help is very appreciated, and I really hope someone can point me in the right direction to solve the last two minor problems - so the hackintosh box can be as much a Mac as possible :)

Thanks for all your hard work tonymacx86 and others for making this possible! :clap: :clap:

Best regards

- Henrik

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    23.4 KB · Views: 162
  • smbios.plist
    870 bytes · Views: 222
  • com.apple.Boot.plist
    446 bytes · Views: 161
I cannot help you with your sleep problem but you can refer to Tony's instructions in his blog. Don't worry about MSR. That's normal (117% is due to Turbo boost if I'm not wrong).

Besides, you should use the 10.3.0 Darwin kernel. The 10.3.1 is for Macbook Pro.
Btw, you say you're using PCI ethernet. Is the onboard one working?

Hi, thanks.

I tried to follow his guides for editing the DSDT but I couldn't make it work. The DSDT I use is different than the examples he is giving. So I hoped someone had a better working DSDT than mine.

Hmm - the 10.3.1 works fine, isn't it best to use the latest?

I had the onboard ethernet working using the R1000 kext sometime ago, but bonjour didn't work properly, so I bought a PCI ethernet Netgear 350 or someting like that. It works out of the box and no problems with bonjour.

- Henrik

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back